Senior Virtualization Engineer
ABOUT JIVE SOFTWARE
Jive Software is the leading provider of modern communication and collaboration solutions for business. Our products empower people and organizations to work better together, using technology that adapts to their way – not the other way. The world's best companies depend on Jive to unleash the ideas and impact of their employees, partners and customers.
We're all about working better together inside Jive, too. If you're looking for a fun, inspiring environment where people love their work and do some of the best work of their lives, this is it.
Work Better Together.
JIVE Technical Operations (TechOps) has these primary responsibilities: Create and develop strategies, solutions and processes to resolve incidents and improve efficacy and performance of applications,services and systems that comprise JIVE products. Ensure maximum possible service availability and performance of Jive applications, services and systems. Execute problem investigation and recommend and provide problem solutions. Fulfill release management requirements. Manage change process. Perform incident management and communication. Provide product architecture solutions
These responsibilities result in a highly diverse range of duties for TechOps employees. The TechOps Senior Virtualization Engineer is required to ensure these responsibilities are accomplished in a timely, technically-astute and professional manner.
TechOps interacts with all JIVE teams, and clear and concise communication is vital. TechOps works with Development, Engineering, Sales, Support, vendor and executive teams, so the TechOps Senior Virtualization Engineer must possess a broad understanding of technology, the ability to communicate to audiences of all types and develop strategies to best satisfy the JIVE product roadmap. Diligence and attention to detail are mandatory, as is the ability to multi-task and prioritize work appropriately.
The TechOps Senior Virtualization Engineer must gain a broad, deep, and detailed understanding of Jive's products and processes. This engineer must understand SaaS infrastructure principles, tools and techniques with a keen focus on Applications, Networks, Security and Storage. This person must be able to take the initiative to process a broad range of subjects and data involving technology of varied levels of complexity and function with little to no supervision while innovating and driving positive change.
- Assess, and contribute to the design, implementation and continuous improvement of the computing and virtualization infrastructure
- Manage computing and virtualization-related projects
- Coordinate with customers and internal JIVE partners to identify, develop, implement and maintain JIVE products that meet business case requirements
- Identify and document computing and virtualization best practices, documentation, methodologies and strategies
- Prototype new virtualization, network, and cloud strategies to meet business requirements
- Collaborate with team members and business partners to realize maximum value and effective use of compute and virtualization resources
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve compute and virtualization incidents and problems
- Develop scripted automation.
- Provide data for budget forecasting, procurement and resource disposition
- Initiate, coordinate and participate in change management and routine maintenance activities
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
- 4 years of enterprise level compute, network and storage experience
- Keen analytical skills and able to collate and interpret data from various sources
- Proven interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Experience working in a 24x7 dynamic enterprise technology environment
- Good technical leadership, customer focus and organizational skills
- Ability to influence decision-makers in a matrix environment while demonstrating insight, tact and corporate political acumen
- Advanced ability to generate, collect, organize and interpret data
- Comprehensive knowledge and applied skills designing, implementing and maintaining virtualization and VMware hypervisors
- Detailed understanding and proficiency managing data networks of all kinds (physical and virtual)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills
- Extensive knowledge and experience managing enterprise-class storage environments
- Fluent in networking (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLAN) and security/firewall technologies
- Extensive hands-on experience managing virtualization technologies (e.g. Hyper-V, KVM, OpenStack, VMware)
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Storage systems (NAS/SAN) to include HP, NetApp and fiber network technologies
- Strong knowledge of resource and system optimization of Linux server platforms
- Understanding of security risks and related mitigation tools and techniques
- Demonstrated experience with one or more software provisioning, configuration and scheduling tools (e.g. Ansible, Control-M, Puppet, Rundeck, etc.)
- Experience fine-tuning VMware vSphere performance
- Experience managing Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch for VMware vSphere
- Experience managing Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or similar container technologies
- Experience with large-scale multi-geographic VMware vSphere management
- Hands on experience with orchestration in a VMware vSphere environment
- Thorough understanding of cloud technologies, tools and techniques – including Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and enjoy working with customers.
- Team-Oriented: You are capable of embracing the ideas of others (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and client.
- Driven: You are a driven team player, collaborator, and relationship builder whose infectious can-do attitude inspires others and encourages great performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Entrepreneurial: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you’re excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Passionate: You must be passionate about online collaboration and ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and ambition.
- Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Jive has very competitive rewards programs – where your performance will drive your rewards – whether it is cash, equity awards (we provide new hire grants to every new Jiver), or professional development. Our global JiveWell program spans all of the countries where we operate. In the US, Jivers enjoy healthcare benefits, life insurance, short and long term disability, a 401(k) plan with a Jive match, a Wellness Reimbursement program, an innovative way for our Jivers to spend time away from the office called Jive FlexTime, and much more.
Jive is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (if the individual is 18 years of age or older), veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For more information, please click on the following link:
To send a resume and cover letter, please apply online at https://www.jivesoftware.com/about-jive/careers/job-listings/
Back to top