Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
ABOUT JIVE SOFTWARE
Jive Software is the leading provider of modern communication and collaboration solutions for business. Our products empower people and organizations to work better together, using technology that adapts to their way – not the other way. The world's best companies depend on Jive to unleash the ideas and impact of their employees, partners and customers.
We're all about working better together inside Jive, too. If you're looking for a fun, inspiring environment where people love their work and do some of the best work of their lives, this is it.
Work better together.
The Engineering Team at Jive is looking for an experienced back-end engineer to help build and improve Jive’s Cloud Analytics Service. As Senior Software Engineer, you will play a key role in creating features and implementing improvements in our Community Analytics Product. As the core Jive platform continues to enable large-scale collaboration across Enterprise Customers, the Analytics service will need to evolve to meet the challenges of turning event data capture into informative, reliable and integrated analytic systems and reports.
This is a high visibility role, as you will be implementing features on the market-leading social platform for the enterprise based on direct customer input and current pain points. You’ll have the opportunity to contribute to microservice development, to work a variety of persistent data systems, from Elasticsearch to S3 to Redis, and to apply this data into computation engines like Spark. You should have solid software development and testing skills, experience with agile software development, and great people skills.
- Develop innovative systems and algorithms and build robust production software based on product specifications to high quality, mostly in Java.
- Collaborate with engineers, PMs, QA, and DevOps engineers in an agile environment for successful product delivery.
- Own features end to end through the development process, all the way to successful delivery in production.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience with Object-Oriented software development practices and concepts.
- Experience working with OLAP data warehouses as well as modern persistent data systems, graph databases and computation engines.
- Experience in Development in physical data centers and Cloud services like AWS.
- Experience with distributed data systems, design, and migration.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in Java and distributed web services.
- Experience with the full software development life cycle, and working together with quality, product management, and operations teams.
- Understanding design trade-offs in architecture involving scalability, performance, reliability, and maintainability.
- Experience with revision control, debugging, profiling.
- Experience working with large enterprise applications, with focus on performance and scalability.
- Experience with collecting, aggregating, filtering and comparing large data sets.
- Experience building public RESTful APIs.
- Experience in Elasticsearch, Spark and Presto.
- Contributions to open source projects are a plus.
- General comfort building and debugging large-scale and high performance distributed systems in java.
- Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and enjoy working with customers.
- Team-Oriented: You are capable of embracing the ideas of others (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and client.
- Driven: You are a driven team player, collaborator, and relationship builder whose infectious can-do attitude inspires others and encourages great performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Entrepreneurial: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you’re excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Passionate: You must be passionate about online collaboration and ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and ambition.
- Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Jive has very competitive rewards programs – where your performance will drive your rewards – whether it is cash, equity awards (we provide new hire grants to every new Jiver), or professional development. Our global JiveWell program spans all of the countries where we operate. In the US, Jivers enjoy healthcare benefits, life insurance, short and long term disability, a 401(k) plan with a Jive match, a Wellness Reimbursement program, an innovative way for our Jivers to spend time away from the office called Jive FlexTime, and much more.
Jive is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (if the individual is 18 years of age or older), veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For more information, please click on the following link: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
To send a resume and cover letter, please apply online at https://www.jivesoftware.com/about-jive/careers/job-listings/
Meet Some of Jive's Employees
Senior DevOps Engineer
As Senior DevOps Engineer, Sam creates the glue between the tools and systems that automate Jive’s microservices infrastructure. He writes the code that runs Jive’s high-quality infrastructure and programs.
Back to top