Senior Quality Engineer
Senior Quality Engineer
ABOUT JIVE SOFTWARE
Jive Software is the leading provider of modern communication and collaboration solutions for business. Our products empower people and organizations to work better together, using technology that adapts to their way – not the other way. The world's best companies depend on Jive to unleash the ideas and impact of their employees, partners and customers.
We're all about working better together inside Jive, too. If you're looking for a fun, inspiring environment where people love their work and do some of the best work of their lives, this is it.
Work Better Together.
Our team is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Testing who can quickly understand our architecture and test the web services & features of this system by contributing to a robust and maintainable test infrastructure. We are a fast-paced company where QE works closely with developers in an agile environment. Expect to spend the majority of your time designing and writing complex test infrastructure and tests. This is a high visibility role tasked with writing software that improves the quality, testability, and reliability of our software. We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic and focused individuals who have an interest in modern streaming data architectures and automation on large scale infrastructures.
- Write clean, maintainable automation that avoids the pitfalls that give automation a bad name.
- Possess experience testing client-server web applications.
- Utilize a strong understanding of white-box testing methodologies to contribute to test design and automation the achieves sensible coverage.
- Collaborate and build strong working relationships with the engineering team.
- Write great bug reports, documentation, whitepapers, and testing reports to help tell the testing story.
- Represent the customer, understand how they use the system and include the most relevant end-to-end user scenarios in test plans and automation.
- Understand our complex domain and product in detail and put that understanding to use to ensure optimal test coverage.
- Keep abreast of technology trends in software development and testing in order to contribute to a state-of-the-art testing practice at Jive.
- Hands-on experience with various server-side technologies and should be able to dive into the technical stack and figure how things work.
- An understanding of RESTful Web Service testing concepts.
- Proficiency with Unix/Linux environments.
- Proficiency with database concepts (SQL and NoSQL).
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytic and problem solving skills.
- Customer-focus, ability to triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams and being able to multi-task on multiple products and projects.
- Agile development environment experience.
- Linux/Unix operating system knowledge.
- Experience with distributed source code repositories.
- Experience in general software development practices (code review, unit test creation, modularity, robustness, library development).
- BS in Computer Science with 5+ years of industry experience or equivalent.
- An understanding of Kubernetes or similar platform-as-a-service technology.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with Jenkins.
- Experience with Maven.
- Experience with Bash scripting.
- Experience with security in distributed systems.
- Having big data test experience or big data infrastructure experience will be a plus.
- Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and enjoy working with customers.
- Team-Oriented: You are capable of embracing the ideas of others (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and client.
- Driven: You are a driven team player, collaborator, and relationship builder whose infectious can-do attitude inspires others and encourages great performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Entrepreneurial: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you’re excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Passionate: You must be passionate about online collaboration and ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and ambition.
- Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Jive has very competitive rewards programs – where your performance will drive your rewards – whether it is cash, equity awards (we provide new hire grants to every new Jiver), or professional development. Our global JiveWell program spans all of the countries where we operate. In the US, Jivers enjoy healthcare benefits, life insurance, short and long term disability, a 401(k) plan with a Jive match, a Wellness Reimbursement program, an innovative way for our Jivers to spend time away from the office called Jive FlexTime, and much more.
Jive is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (if the individual is 18 years of age or older), veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For more information, please click on the following link:
To send a resume and cover letter, please apply online at https://www.jivesoftware.com/about-jive/careers/job-listings/
Meet Some of Jive's Employees
Senior DevOps Engineer
As Senior DevOps Engineer, Sam creates the glue between the tools and systems that automate Jive’s microservices infrastructure. He writes the code that runs Jive’s high-quality infrastructure and programs.
Back to top