Senior Java Software Engineer
Senior Java Software Engineer
ABOUT JIVE SOFTWARE
Jive Software is the leading provider of modern communication and collaboration solutions for business. Our products empower people and organizations to work better together, using technology that adapts to their way – not the other way. The world's best companies depend on Jive to unleash the ideas and impact of their employees, partners and customers.
We're all about working better together inside Jive, too. If you're looking for a fun, inspiring environment where people love their work and do some of the best work of their lives, this is it.
Work Better Together.
Jive is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to work on a variety of customization and implementation projects for Jive customers. Travel is minimal.
This position requires some client consulting experience and at least 5 years developing Java-based web or Enterprise applications. While the work will be focused on custom solutions, many of the deliverables are re-used or incorporated into the core product, so solid development skills are essential. This position represents an exciting opportunity to work with a wide array of the latest web technologies, as well as some of the best known global companies.
- Development: Develop new features, customizations and enhancements to Jive Software’s core product as part of our client engagements.
- Technical Leadership: Work with project managers and/or clients to scope work and produce estimates to help define deliverables and timelines.
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of all product offerings and recommend new features and modifications based on experiences with past clients.
- Customer Interaction: Interact directly with customers to clarify requirements manage project delivery and obtain feedback on deliverables.
- Proficiency across the range of J2EE technologies, particularly the Servlet API, XML, JDBC, and LDAP
- Deep understanding of software architecture, patterns and common MVC & IoC frameworks (e.g. Struts 2, Spring, etc.)
- Enterprise software consulting experience
- Impeccable communication skills and customer focus
- Quick grasp of customer requirements and the ability to translate them into technical designs
- Team lead experience
- Freemarker, AspectJ, Maven, Soy closure templates experience
- Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and enjoy working with customers.
- Team-Oriented: You are capable of embracing the ideas of others (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and client.
- Driven: You are a driven team player, collaborator, and relationship builder whose infectious can-do attitude inspires others and encourages great performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Entrepreneurial: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you’re excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Passionate: You must be passionate about online collaboration and ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and ambition.
- Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Jive has very competitive rewards programs – where your performance will drive your rewards – whether it is cash, equity awards (we provide new hire grants to every new Jiver), or professional development. Our global JiveWell program spans all of the countries where we operate. In the US, Jivers enjoy healthcare benefits, life insurance, short and long term disability, a 401(k) plan with a Jive match, a Wellness Reimbursement program, an innovative way for our Jivers to spend time away from the office called Jive FlexTime, and much more.
Jive is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (if the individual is 18 years of age or older), veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For more information, please click on the following link: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
This position can be Portland based or work 100% remotely.
To send a resume and cover letter, please apply online at
Back to top