Senior Engineering Manager
Senior Engineering Manager
ABOUT JIVE SOFTWARE
Jive Software is the leading provider of modern communication and collaboration solutions for business. Our products empower people and organizations to work better together, using technology that adapts to their way – not the other way. The world's best companies depend on Jive to unleash the ideas and impact of their employees, partners and customers.
We're all about working better together inside Jive, too. If you're looking for a fun, inspiring environment where people love their work and do some of the best work of their lives, this is it.
Work Better Together.
As an Engineering Team Leader at Jive, you'll play a critical role in delivering the market-leading social software platform for the enterprise.
You will lead a unique cloud service that offers customers a way to enrich their Jive experience, as well as empowers Jive's development SDK.
In this role you will actively engage with QA, product management, customer support, product design, UI, and the rest of the development organization to achieve your goals. You¹ll have the distinct pleasure of being a hero to Jive's customers as you improve the product based on their feedback.
- Lead a team of 3-5 engineers, providing both technical and carrier mentorship with Hands-On coding.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure consistency in the application.
- Provide design and technical ideas to assist with development of a cleaner code base.
- 2+ years of proven managerial experience.
- 5+ years of software development experience with solid Java or C# expertise.
- Managing scalable highly available systems.
- Experience in designing and implementing high performance, java web based applications.
- Demonstrated expertise in Java, OOP Software design and Spring.
- Strong knowledge of web services and RESTful apis.
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies.
- We are looking for a smart, highly motivated, out of the box thinker that is also a great leader.
- Excellent communication skills are expected.
- Bachelor 's degree in computer science or equivalent discipline.
- Experience with Node.JS development.
- Communicator:You possess strong communication skills and enjoy working with customers.
- Team-Oriented:You are capable of embracing the ideas of others (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and client.
- Driven:You are a driven team player, collaborator, and relationship builder whose infectious can-do attitude inspires others and encourages great performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Entrepreneurial:You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you’re excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Passionate:You must be passionate about online collaboration and ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and ambition.
- Self-motivated:You can work with a minimum of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Jive has very competitive rewards programs – where your performance will drive your rewards – whether it is cash, equity awards (we provide new hire grants to every new Jiver), or professional development. Our global JiveWell program spans all of the countries where we operate. In the US, Jivers enjoy healthcare benefits, life insurance, short and long term disability, a 401(k) plan with a Jive match, a Wellness Reimbursement program, an innovative way for our Jivers to spend time away from the office called Jive FlexTime, and much more.
Jive is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (if the individual is 18 years of age or older), veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
To send a resume and cover letter, please apply online at https://www.jivesoftware.com/about-jive/careers/job-listings/
Meet Some of Jive's Employees
Senior DevOps Engineer
As Senior DevOps Engineer, Sam creates the glue between the tools and systems that automate Jive’s microservices infrastructure. He writes the code that runs Jive’s high-quality infrastructure and programs.
Back to top