Senior EMEA Corporate Counsel
ABOUT JIVE SOFTWARE
Jive Software is the leading provider of modern communication and collaboration solutions for business. Our products empower people and organizations to work better together, using technology that adapts to their way – not the other way. The world's best companies depend on Jive to unleash the ideas and impact of their employees, partners and customers.
We're all about working better together inside Jive, too. If you're looking for a fun, inspiring environment where people love their work and do some of the best work of their lives, this is it.
Work Better Together.
Jive’s legal team is a creative and collaborative group of professionals who are well-respected across the organization and who are involved in virtually every facet of our business. We apply a practical approach to legal, business and operational issues that allow us to support Jive's tremendous growth while guarding against unwarranted risk. We are dynamic and interactive and value the cohesion that a strong team provides.
We are looking for a Senior Counsel to join us in EMEA who thrives in a very fast-paced, challenging environment as part of a dynamic team of professionals. You must have the ability to communicate effectively internally, highly analytical and well developed contract negotiation skills. You are organized, thoughtful and a self-starter. You must be comfortable managing workload independently.
You will provide legal support on a wide variety of matters for the EMEA regional business including negotiation and drafting of commercial contracts as well as vendor and marketing contracts and advice and assistance on general corporate and employment law matters.
- At least 8-10 years practicing as a lawyer, with significant experience in drafting and negotiating technology licensing and commercial transactions agreements. Some in-house experience preferred
- Fluency in German and familiarity with German commercial and labor laws. Fluency in French desired but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Familiarity with all major European data protection laws (including GDPR), data security processes, controls and procedures used in SaaS and hosted software companies, and IP issues is required.
- A strong transactional background along with a collaborative attitude and approach to legal practice.
- Excellent business judgment and strategic thinking
- High integrity, well organized and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under end of month and end of quarter deadline pressure
- Ability to influence others in a group as well as conduct negotiations in a professional manner
- Must be flexible and able to react promptly
- Willingness to work with U.S. team members as needed
- Ability to cross departments to find answers and to forge relationships
- Good sense of humor and positive attitude
- Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and enjoy working with customers.
- Team-Oriented: You are capable of embracing the ideas of others (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and client.
- Driven: You are a driven team player, collaborator, and relationship builder whose infectious can-do attitude inspires others and encourages great performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Entrepreneurial: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you’re excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Passionate: You must be passionate about online collaboration and ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and ambition.
- Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Jive has very competitive rewards programs – where your performance will drive your rewards – whether it is cash, equity awards (we provide new hire grants to every new Jiver), or professional development. Our global JiveWell program spans all of the countries where we operate. In the US, Jivers enjoy healthcare benefits, life insurance, short and long term disability, a 401(k) plan with a Jive match, a Wellness Reimbursement program, an innovative way for our Jivers to spend time away from the office called Jive FlexTime, and much more.
Jive is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (if the individual is 18 years of age or older), veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For more information, please click on the following link:
Meet Some of Jive's Employees
Senior DevOps Engineer
As Senior DevOps Engineer, Sam creates the glue between the tools and systems that automate Jive’s microservices infrastructure. He writes the code that runs Jive’s high-quality infrastructure and programs.
Back to top