ABOUT JIVE SOFTWARE
Jive Software is the leading provider of modern communication and collaboration solutions for business. Our products empower people and organizations to work better together, using technology that adapts to their way – not the other way. The world's best companies depend on Jive to unleash the ideas and impact of their employees, partners and customers.
We're all about working better together inside Jive, too. If you're looking for a fun, inspiring environment where people love their work and do some of the best work of their lives, this is it.
Work Better Together.
We are seeking an intelligent and highly-motivated sales engineer. This is a terrific opportunity to join a fast growing organization with a great culture and a best-of-breed solution for beneficially changing the way that people work together; both inside and across enterprises.
Jive’s clients have reported business benefits up to hundreds of millions of dollars. Your opportunity is to help other enterprises achieve benefits of this magnitude.
The sales engineer will work with the sales team in achieving territory sales goals and will work directly with our prospects and clients to ensure that their business needs are addressed by the Jive solution.
Candidates will need to be both commercially and technically minded as the role combines three aspects:
- Undertake business-focused solution selling.
- Team with the sales reps as a unified sales team.
- Be accountable to successfully drive the SE components of sales cycles on their own initiative.
- Have excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Communicate at all levels of a customer organization including C-Level.
Business Consulting Aspect:
- Work with the customer in order to have in-depth knowledge of the customers’ business and vertical.
- Perform initial reviews of customer’s needs and identify business pain points.
- Work with Jive’s strategy consulting team to orchestrate detailed business strategy deliverables.
- Validate and verify initial assumptions with key stake-holders in the business.
- Present Jive solutions with compelling business benefits.
- Present customer references proving our experience and expertise in the market.
- Deliver ROI models that clearly demonstrate the value proposition.
- Be perceived as a trusted advisor by the client.
- Demonstrate thought leadership with the client.
- Be responsible for all technical aspects of the solution.
- Support the discovery process from a technical perspective.
- Lead and contribute to the RFI / RFP process.
- Understand the customers' infrastructure and technical architecture.
- Design Jive solutions that are technically sound, business-focused, resilient and scalable to the customer’s requirements.
- Work with the Jive professional services team to build the proposal for hardware, software and services associated with the opportunity.
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales support within the account.
- Support and conduct technical demonstrations.
- Support and conduct technical Q&A and capability deep-dives.
- Experienced sales engineer with 7+ years’ experience.
- Desire to work hard and play hard.
- Determination and drive to succeed.
- Strong solution-selling ability.
- Strong commercial skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to translate the business value of technical features.
- Architectural knowledge of standard web technologies, including application servers, web servers, relational databases, etc.
- French Speaking preferred.
CULTURE: THE JIVE 5
- Jive Pride: We are passionate about our vision, our product, and changing the way people work.
- Customers First: Our best days are when we help our customers be successful and open up new possibilities for companies to work better together.
- Jivers Rock: We are gritty GNAKS (Good Natured A** Kickers) who take on big challenges and are relentless in our commitment to help each other be successful.
- Push the Boundaries: We are constantly curious, always striving to innovate and deliver exceptional outcomes.
- One Jive: Our values of community, teamwork and diversity are unwavering.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Jive has very competitive rewards programs – where your performance will drive your rewards – whether it is cash, equity awards (we provide new hire grants to every new Jiver), or professional development. Our global JiveWell program spans all of the countries where we operate. In the US, Jivers enjoy healthcare benefits, life insurance, short and long term disability, a 401(k) plan with a Jive match, a Wellness Reimbursement program, an innovative way for our Jivers to spend time away from the office called Jive FlexTime, and much more.
Jive is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (if the individual is 18 years of age or older), veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
To send a resume and cover letter, please apply online at https://www.jivesoftware.com/about-jive/careers/job-listings/
Meet Some of Jive's Employees
Senior DevOps Engineer
As Senior DevOps Engineer, Sam creates the glue between the tools and systems that automate Jive’s microservices infrastructure. He writes the code that runs Jive’s high-quality infrastructure and programs.
Back to top