IT Support Technician
IT Support Technician
ABOUT JIVE SOFTWARE
Jive Software is the leading provider of modern communication and collaboration solutions for business. Our products empower people and organizations to work better together, using technology that adapts to their way – not the other way. The world's best companies depend on Jive to unleash the ideas and impact of their employees, partners and customers.
We're all about working better together inside Jive, too. If you're looking for a fun, inspiring environment where people love their work and do some of the best work of their lives, this is it.
Work Better Together.
- Deliver quality customer service to all computer users.
- Be the primary point of support for end-users. Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, phone, email, and IM
- Educate and support users with Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux applications and operating systems in a software development company environment.
- Create and maintain user and group accounts across platforms and applications.
- Handle Windows, Macintosh and Linux desktop support
- Diagnose problems by asking accurate, concise questions in a professional and timely manner
- Research questions using available information resources
- Advise user on appropriate action
- Follow standard help desk procedures, log all help desk issues
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- Manage desktop hardware and software procurement, refresh cycles and forecasting.
- Provide technical support in the configuration, installation, and maintenance of desktop systems and peripherals
- Move and install new equipment
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience supporting executives, users in a help desk, customer service environment is ideal.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange Management Console, and MS Office 2013.
- Problem solving is a key trait for the role.
- Good knowledge of multiplatform environment - desktop operating systems (Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.x, Linux).
- Computer hardware experience - setup, maintenance, upgrade, troubleshooting (HP and Apple portables preferred).
- Must have strong time management skills and be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent in customer service, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent decision-making and problem solving with proven ability to work in a diverse organization.
- Ability to analyze and document system processes.
- Reliable and dependable work habits.
- Ability to challenge conventional practices; adapt established methods for new uses and pursue ongoing system improvement
- BA/BS Computer Science or equivalent degree preferred.
Back to top