Director of Product Marketing
Director of Product Marketing
ABOUT JIVE SOFTWARE
Jive Software is the leading provider of modern communication and collaboration solutions for business. Our products empower people and organizations to work better together, using technology that adapts to their way – not the other way. The world's best companies depend on Jive to unleash the ideas and impact of their employees, partners and customers.
We're all about working better together inside Jive, too. If you're looking for a fun, inspiring environment where people love their work and do some of the best work of their lives, this is it.
Work better together.
Employees are the most valuable asset of a company and having an engaged, aligned workforce is of the utmost strategic importance. Accelerating innovation, sharing knowledge, connecting experts, retaining employees, connecting with customers/partners, and supporting growth initiatives are just some of the benefits of Jive. Jive enables people, departments, and their leaders to more transparently connect, communicate and collaborate across technologies the way they want to work. Jive is aggressively innovating in this category and is rated the market leader by the major analyst firms.
If you are an expert product marketer with a track record developing and executing go-to-market strategies that accelerate growth, come be a leader in the Jive Product Marketing team, a group that is passionate about driving standout experiences for companies of all sizes. This Product Marketing leader will be a critical member of the team focused on solution delivery and field/partner enablement with the primary goal of ensuring our direct sales and partner channel teams have everything they need to communicate the value of Jive. The ideal candidate will have an exceptional ability to take corporate strategy, product vision, and go-to-market priorities to develop market-facing messaging, pitch decks, promotions, and demos. This role has high visibility internally and externally with lead responsibility for delivering training and positioning to all impacted parties. This role reports to the VP of Product Marketing.
This leader is responsible for ensuring the execution of our go-to-market strategy translates to a winning market position that is expressed through direct sales, partners, and marketing programs. The successful candidate has a track record of product marketing leadership, is passionate about audience understanding, solution development, and product advocacy. This position is located in the San Francisco Bay Area.
• Define and execute the positioning for the execution of Jive’s go-to-market strategy, partnering with Sales, Channel, and Product Management to distill vision into simple and differentiated market messaging and activation strategy
• Partner with integrated marketing team to execute winning marketing initiatives
• Create effective material to serve the needs of sales, executive, marketing and partner teams
• Own training programs for Field Sales and Partners with particular focus around annual sales kick-off and quarterly business reviews
• Serve as a subject matter expert on the category internally and externally, creating and delivering presentations with confidence
• Partner with Sales and other Product Managers to define solutions including promotions, pricing, and packaging for new customers and up-sell/cross sell opportunities with existing customers.
• Develop collateral, including thought leadership and sales presentations that generate interest through clear differentiation and value for target audiences
• 10+ years professional experience in product marketing in a high tech company; SAAS and B2B software experience required; familiarity with intranet, external community, collaboration, and communication technology landscape
• Conversant in audience and market understanding models, product market fit, distribution, pricing and selling strategies, positioning, messaging, thought leadership and analyst relations
• Track record with a modern marketing mix; has developed narratives, created thought leadership, presented to large groups and navigated marketing analytics
• Confident, experienced communicator with record of motivating large organizations
• 5+ years managing people including experience leading at least one marketing function; enjoys people leadership and fostering talent
• Confident personality and strong interpersonal skills with track record for influencing outside span of control
• Experience in non-US markets, preferably EMEA
• Flexibility to travel as needed
• Ability to prioritize and meet aggressive deadlines
• Strong project management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing; advanced degree a plus
•Facile collaborator and interest in using Jive product extensively
•Creative thinker who is comfortable in a dynamic work environment and competitive category
•Hands on operator who has a strong execution orientation
•Confident communication style and instincts required to drive outcomes across varying audiences internally and externally
•Excellent collaboration, written and verbal communications skills and a winning interpersonal style
•Self-starter who ramps swiftly
•Ability to quickly synthesize insights from multiple sources, develop recommendations and work cross-functionally to execute
- Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and enjoy working with customers.
- Team-Oriented: You are capable of embracing the ideas of others (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and client.
- Driven: You are a driven team player, collaborator, and relationship builder whose infectious can-do attitude inspires others and encourages great performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Entrepreneurial: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you’re excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Passionate: You must be passionate about online collaboration and ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and ambition.
- Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Jive has very competitive rewards programs – where your performance will drive your rewards – whether it is cash, equity awards (we provide new hire grants to every new Jiver), or professional development. Our global JiveWell program spans all of the countries where we operate. In the US, Jivers enjoy healthcare benefits, life insurance, short and long term disability, a 401(k) plan with a Jive match, a Wellness Reimbursement program, an innovative way for our Jivers to spend time away from the office called Jive FlexTime, and much more.
Jive is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (if the individual is 18 years of age or older), veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For more information, please click on the following link:
To send a resume and cover letter, please apply online at www.jivesoftware.com/jobs
Back to top