Senior DevOps Engineer
ABOUT JIVE SOFTWARE
Jive Software is the leading provider of modern communication and collaboration solutions for business. Our products empower people and organizations to work better together, using technology that adapts to their way – not the other way. The world's best companies depend on Jive to unleash the ideas and impact of their employees, partners and customers.
We're all about working better together inside Jive, too. If you're looking for a fun, inspiring environment where people love their work and do some of the best work of their lives, this is it.
Work Better Together.
Jive has an opportunity for an engineer with a passion for building out new cloud infrastructure and creating world class products. This engineer will be part of the development team and implement new tools and processes to enable fast development cycles and high up-time in an AWS environment. If you're excited about exploring/implementing new technologies and methodologies for building and maintaining cloud based systems, this position is for you.
- As a member of the development team, collaborate with our DevOps team to design and build out our cloud infrastructure to be scalable, reliable, secure and fault-tolerant
- Evolve and develop infrastructure, server, deployment strategies and testing to support in support of company goals
- Continuously improve our infrastructure to support rapid development cycles
- Work across the full technology stack - from the infrastructure up to the highest level of applications
- Take on the same responsibilities of a DevOps engineer such as being on-call, writing deployment scripts, debugging applications, evaluating new technologies and more
- Delivering 24x7 operations through a customer-focused approach including Pager duty and responding to production alerts
- Drive the process in which our DevOps team operates and iterates/releases
- 3+ years experience developing/deploying cloud based systems or in an Ops/Devops role
- AWS experience required. You have designed, monitored and managed large scale applications deployed at AWS.
- You have a breadth of knowledge across AWS technologies (EC2, RDS, ELB, EBS, S3, VPC, Route 53, cloudwatch etc.)
- Service-oriented and enjoy working with engineers to create an efficient SDLC
- Experience with SDLC tools like Maven, Jenkins, Ant, etc
- Knowledge of SCM tools (SVN, Git) would be a plus
- Nice to have: Python's Boto library, Consul, Terraform, Vagrant, Nginx, Data dog
- Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and enjoy working with customers.
- Team-Oriented: You are capable of embracing the ideas of others (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and client.
- Driven: You are a driven team player, collaborator, and relationship builder whose infectious can-do attitude inspires others and encourages great performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Entrepreneurial: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you’re excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Passionate: You must be passionate about online collaboration and ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and ambition.
- Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Jive has very competitive rewards programs – where your performance will drive your rewards – whether it is cash, equity awards or professional development. Our global JiveWell program spans all of the countries where we operate.
Jive is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (if the individual is 18 years of age or older), veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For more information, please click on the following link: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
To send a resume and cover letter, please apply online at https://www.jivesoftware.com/about-jive/careers/job-listings/
Back to top