ABOUT JIVE SOFTWARE
Jive Software is the leading provider of modern communication and collaboration solutions for business. Our products empower people and organizations to work better together, using technology that adapts to their way – not the other way. The world's best companies depend on Jive to unleash the ideas and impact of their employees, partners and customers.
We're all about working better together inside Jive, too. If you're looking for a fun, inspiring environment where people love their work and do some of the best work of their lives, this is it.
Work Better Together.
Jive is looking for an DevOps Engineer to join our Technical Operations IaaS team. This team is responsible for building and supporting production infrastructure within Jive data centers and AWS. This is a DevOps-style position in which you will build the glue between existing tools and systems to automate the deployment and management of the infrastructure that makes our data centers hum. Your work will make an immediate impact on Jive and our customers.
If you enjoy automating manual tasks with configuration management tools, writing code in python or ruby and you take pride in building high-quality infrastructure automation that just works (and can pull up the monitoring metrics to prove it), we want to talk with you.
- Create, maintain, and deploy tools to automate management of systems and services in our data centers and AWS.
- Manage common infrastructure services used by all Jive systems in our data centers and AWS.
- Perform system and application administration, troubleshooting, and deployments
- You've worked in a high-availability environment, providing 24x7 service.
- You're an experienced Java developer.
- You've had 3+ years of production experience with configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt or CFengine.
- You have experience with the CI/CD process and promoting code from development environments into production.
- You've built monitoring for production infrastructure and systems.
- You are proficient in python, ruby or another high level language.
- You follow test-driven development methods and take pride in your code.
- Proven experience writing tools against 3rd party API's.
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- You're an expert with a unix or unix like OS (*bsd, linux or commercial unices)
- DVCS - preferably git
- Amazon Web Services
- Deployment automation, using tools such as Rundeck or Jenkins
- VMware ESXi virtualization
- IP subnetting, VPNs and firewalls
- Java and/or Go programming experience
- Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and enjoy working with customers.
- Team-Oriented: You are capable of embracing the ideas of others (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and client.
- Driven: You are a driven team player, collaborator, and relationship builder whose infectious can-do attitude inspires others and encourages great performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Entrepreneurial: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you’re excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Passionate: You must be passionate about online collaboration and ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and ambition.
- Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Jive has very competitive rewards programs – where your performance will drive your rewards – whether it is cash, equity awards or professional development. Our global JiveWell program spans all of the countries where we operate.
Jive is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (if the individual is 18 years of age or older), veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For more information, please click on the following link: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Back to top