ABOUT JIVE SOFTWARE
Jive Software is the leading provider of modern communication and collaboration solutions for business. Our products empower people and organizations to work better together, using technology that adapts to their way – not the other way. The world's best companies depend on Jive to unleash the ideas and impact of their employees, partners and customers.
We're all about working better together inside Jive, too. If you're looking for a fun, inspiring environment where people love their work and do some of the best work of their lives, this is it.
Work Better Together.
Jive's legal team is a creative and collaborative group of professionals who are well-respected across the organization and who are involved in virtually every facet of our business. We apply a practical approach to legal, business and operational issues that allow us to support Jive's tremendous growth while mitigating risk. We are dynamic and interactive and value the cohesion that a strong team provides.
We are looking for someone who can thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment as part of a dynamic team of professionals. As a Contracts Manager, you will work cross-functionally with Executives, Key Business Owners, Sales, Security, Finance and Accounting in addition to other members within the Legal team. You must be able to communicate effectively and negotiate with opposing counsel, procurement departments and service providers. You are well-organized, thoughtful, results-oriented and a self-starter.
- Negotiate non-disclosure agreements, channel partner agreements and licensing/sales transactions.
- Negotiate vendor contracts, including pricing, key terms and conditions of sale with company’s suppliers and vendors.
- Assume a primary role in maintaining and administering the contractual process for the attorneys. This will include maintaining forms database, deal summary sheets in Salesforce and negotiation playbooks.
- You will communicate well with our business clients to ensure smooth contract flow for our transactions.
- You will provide legal support for our contracts and licensing team.
- At least 4-6 years’ experience in drafting and negotiating technology licensing or commercial agreements. Some in-house experience preferred.
- Excellent business judgment and strategic thinking.
- Ability to resolve a wide range of contract-related issues in creative ways with minimum supervision.
- High level of integrity, well organized and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under end of quarter deadline pressure.
- Ability to influence others in a group as well as conduct negotiations in a professional manner.
- Must be flexible and able to react promptly.
- Willingness to assist other team members.
- Good sense of humor and positive attitude.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to adapt, prioritize and execute to achieve desired results.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with the software industry, specifically software-as-a-service offerings.
- Communicator:You possess strong communication skills and enjoy working with customers.
- Team-Oriented:You are capable of embracing the ideas of others (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and client.
- Driven:You are a driven team player, collaborator, and relationship builder whose infectious can-do attitude inspires others and encourages great performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Entrepreneurial:You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you’re excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Passionate:You must be passionate about online collaboration and ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and ambition.
- Self-motivated:You can work with a minimum of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Jive has very competitive rewards programs – where your performance will drive your rewards – whether it is cash, equity awards (we provide new hire grants to every new Jiver), or professional development. Our global JiveWell program spans all of the countries where we operate. In the US, Jivers enjoy healthcare benefits, life insurance, short and long term disability, a 401(k) plan with a Jive match, a Wellness Reimbursement program, an innovative way for our Jivers to spend time away from the office called Jive FlexTime, and much more.
Jive is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (if the individual is 18 years of age or older), veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For more information, please click on the following link:
To send a resume and cover letter, please apply online at https://www.jivesoftware.com/about-jive/careers/job-listings/
Meet Some of Jive's Employees
Senior DevOps Engineer
As Senior DevOps Engineer, Sam creates the glue between the tools and systems that automate Jive’s microservices infrastructure. He writes the code that runs Jive’s high-quality infrastructure and programs.
Back to top