2017 Accounting Summer Intern
ABOUT JIVE SOFTWARE
Jive Software is the leading provider of modern communication and collaboration solutions for business. Our products empower people and organizations to work better together, using technology that adapts to their way – not the other way. The world's best companies depend on Jive to unleash the ideas and impact of their employees, partners and customers.
We're all about working better together inside Jive, too. If you're looking for a fun, inspiring environment where people love their work and do some of the best work of their lives, this is it.
Jive's corporate accounting group needs an intern to help with our growing business. This person will play a critical role in ensuring accurate financial reporting while providing group managers and executives up to the minute information to help make informed business decisions.
This position is located in Portland, Oregon.
- A/R- Analyze Cash collection by month/quarter and redefine
- A/R - Sync Sales Force and NetSuite Exemption certificates. If customer is exempt, need to gather certificates for audit purposes from customers.
- Revenue – Analysis of New Business Bookings
- Payroll/AP – Review Concur expenses and determine if appropriate for payment
- AP – Vendor Statement Reviews and PO Cleanup
Assist in the setup of processes and procedures that properly capture, track and report revenue, including deferred revenue, in accordance with the company revenue recognition policy.
- Reconcile and follow up on partial cash allocations, short payments and aged account receivable balances.
- Coordinate receipt of Purchase Orders from customers to facilitate timely payments
- Obtaining a degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong excel skills and knowledge of pivot tables
- Experience with PowerPoint
- Sophomore class level and above
- Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and enjoy working with customers.
- Team-Oriented:You are capable of embracing the ideas of others (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and client.
- Driven:You are a driven team player, collaborator, and relationship builder whose infectious can-do attitude inspires others and encourages great performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Entrepreneurial:You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you’re excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Passionate:You must be passionate about online collaboration and ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and ambition.
- Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner.
Jive is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (if the individual is 18 years of age or older), veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For more information, please click on the following link:
Meet Some of Jive's Employees
Senior DevOps Engineer
As Senior DevOps Engineer, Sam creates the glue between the tools and systems that automate Jive’s microservices infrastructure. He writes the code that runs Jive’s high-quality infrastructure and programs.
Back to top