The Product Merchandiser is responsible for determining which merchandise will be designed, developed, and sold into our different sales channels. The Product Merchandiser will have a strong sense of trend, and a strong understanding of how best to grow a product-based business.
• Analyze current market trends and predict upcoming trends.
• Determine which items should be developed, taking into consideration factors including, but not limited to: current fashion trends, possible future trends, brand positioning, and the requirements and preferences of the consumer.
• Manage financial goals to ensure business is meeting profit goals.
• Determine and manage product pricing and margins, in collaboration with Finance department as needed.
• Collect consumer feedback to better understand product preferences.
• Research trends and happenings through magazines, blogs, events, etc.
• Build and manage productive relationships with Art, Marketing, Sales, Finance, and Production departments.
• Build and manage seasonal line plans in Excel or similar.
• Attend events and trade shows to resource and build relationships.
• Management of line planning, sales tracking, competitive landscape, etc.
• Collaborate with members of our Art Team on a variety of projects.
• Contribute to the creative process of the Art department, including department meetings, brainstorming, and concepts.
• Meet with members of the Art/Production departments to discuss production and other issues.
• Report to work in a timely and regular manner.
*Other duties as required
• Education level: College Degree in Merchandising, Fashion Buying, or similar, preferred.
• 3+ years of experience working as a Merchandiser, Fashion Consultant, or Retail Manager, preferred.
• Must have experience in at least two of the following three categories: Apparel, Toys, and Accessories.
• Experience working with Licensed products is a plus.
• Ability to engage in productive interpersonal communications in English, both internally and externally.
• Ability to effectively use MS Office or similar computer programs.
• Basic comprehension of merchandise manufacturing – processes and materials.
• Basic knowledge of Accounting, Finance, and retail/wholesale mathematics.
• Ability to contribute in a collaborative environment.
• Ability to demonstrate effective negotiation and sales techniques.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must be immersed in the geek and video game culture, and able to stay abreast of current trends in geek and gaming community.
• Ability to travel (domestic and international) as needed to collaborate with manufacturing partners and licensing partners and to attend industry events. Must have a valid passport.
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Demands:
• Must be able to work in a seated or standing position for up to and over 8 hours per day.
• Extensive standing and/or sitting while in travel via car, bus, train, boat, or airplane.
• Extensive use of a mouse and keyboard.
• Extended viewing of a computer screen.
• Must be available to work a normal M-F schedule, and also be available for occasional off-hours work as circumstances dictate.
• Compensation: Competitive, DOE.
• Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Aflac, 401(k) with 3% Safe Harbor match.
*NOTE: Candidates who fail to submit a cover letter will not be considered. In your cover letter, please describe the product categories you’ve worked with in the past to help us understand in which areas you are most familiar.
Back to top