Product Development Associate
J!NX is seeking a Product Development Associate to work alongside and support our Product Coordinator, serving as a key component in the product development timeline, ensuring that all steps in the production process are completed according to schedule and in adherence to J!NX quality standards.
- Vet prospective vendors, visit existing vendors, maintain relationships.
- Work with Production, Creative, Sales and BizDev/Licensing to determine risks and costs associated with a new product offering.
- Select ideal vendor for development of any given product.
- Maintain communication with vendors, providing them with project direction, target costs, production art assets and tech packs, and sample feedback at every stage of development.
- Work with Creative and Production to review development prototypes.
- Maintain a detailed log of all products in development with details of; Vendor, MOQ, price, COO, Lead Time, Target Price, Mold costs, other associated costs.
- Coordinate product safety testing; maintain digital records and log of; all test dates, items tested, standard tested to and results.
- Coordinate product inspections at the factory level. Work with Creative and Production to review results and evaluate quality. Maintain log of all inspections and results.
- Oversee and build upon our internal quality control system, and work with creative team to identify quality issues, subsequently working with vendor to remedy situation. Maintain log of all QC inspections and results.
- Research products and techniques, staying on top of trends online as well as attending a variety of industry and trade shows.
- Work with and support the Product Coordinator, as directed.
- Must be immersed in the geek and video game culture, and able to stay abreast of current trends in geek and gaming community.
- Other duties as required
- Education level: High school diploma; AA or BA degree in Management, Business, or Communications preferred.
- One year of experience in a Production, Development or Quality Control-based position, preferred.
- Experience developing accessories such as belts, wallets, hats, keychains, preferred.
- Experience working with international vendors (China, S. America, Pakistan) is preferred.
- Intermediate skill with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- High level of attention to detail; strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to follow verbal and/or written instructions.
- Recognize and identify all J!NX Products.
- Ability to work in a seated/standing position for up to and over 8 hours per day.
- Valid driver license and vehicle insurance; occasional traveling ability required.
- Must be able to read and understand written instructions and/or invoices in English.
- Physical, Mental, and Environmental Demands
- Extensive use of a mouse and keyboard.
- Extended viewing of a computer screen.
- Sitting and/or standing at a desk for more than 8 hours per day.
- Occasional travel may be required domestically.
- Must be available to work a normal M-F schedule, and also be available for occasional off-hours work as circumstances dictate.
- Compensation: Competitive, DOE.
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Aflac, 401(k) with 3% Safe Harbor match.
Back to top