Product Compliance Specialist
- Responsible for the quality, safety, compliance, and integrity of all J!NX manufactured products.
- Communicate, train, educate, and effectively communicate quality direction, policy and procedure throughout supply chain.
- Work with third party labs on all aspects of product testing and compliance.
- Work with vendors, overseas suppliers, and labs to ensure all products meet with North America, EU and International standards (ASTM, CPSIA, EN, etc.).
- Coordinate and schedule factory audits to ensure vendors and factories are both ethical and compliant.
- Validate regulatory compliance and maintain internal database of compliance documentation for all factories and vendors, as well as database of BOMs and test results for J!NX manufactured products.
- Lead, assess, and resolve product failure and inspection issues; work proactively with vendors, factories and testing laboratories to assure timely and appropriate management of any issue which may arise.
- Assist marketing, sales, production, creative, and development departments as needed.
- Communicate effectively with retail buyers, technicians and manufacturers.
- *Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Chemistry, International Business, or similar, preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of applicable industry experience.
- Knowledge and working experience with both toys and apparel.
- Technical understanding of raw materials, manufacturing processes, and intended product use for toys and apparel.
- Experience reading and reviewing laboratory test reports.
- Familiarity with test protocols and understanding of ASTM F963/CPSIA/Prop 65/EN standards and requirements.
- Familiarity with factory audit process and certification standards, WRAP/ISO 9001/ISO 45001/ISO 26000/ISO 14001/SA 8000/OEKO-TEX/GOTS/ICTI CARE.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to multitask and prioritize work effectively.
- Able to work autonomously and think independently, problem solve, analyze, and assess.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work across all divisions and levels of organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Experience working in Netsuite a plus.
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Demands
- On-site, this position includes regular and extensive use of a mouse and keyboard, extended viewing of a computer screen, and sitting and/or standing at a desk for more than 8 hours per day.
- Off-site, this position requires sitting, walking, and/or standing for an extensive amount of time while visiting factories, or traveling in or waiting for an automobile, airplane, and/or train.
- Travel is expected to be at/under 25%.
- Must be available to work some off-hours (evenings) to communicate with international partners.
- Position is located in Poway, California. Must be able to travel internationally (China, Hong Kong, India, Pakistan, and Latin America) and domestically. Valid passport required.
- Compensation: Competitive, DOE.
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Aflac, 401(k) with 3% Safe Harbor match.
Meet Some of JINX's Employees
Jorge sees that J!NX's popular video games brand resonates with its community—and is always consistent, clear, and coordinated in all of J!NX’s design and marketing projects.
Back to top