Product Compliance Specialist
J!NX is seeking a Production Compliance Specialist to join our Production Department. This role will ensure that J!NX produces high quality, safe, and compliant manufactured products.
- Responsible for the quality, safety, compliance, and integrity of all J!NX manufactured products.
- Communicate, train, educate, and effectively communicate quality direction, policy and procedure throughout supply chain.
- Work with third party labs on all aspects of product testing and compliance.
- Work with vendors, overseas suppliers, and labs to ensure all products meet with North America, EU and International standards (ASTM, CPSIA, EN, etc.).
- Coordinate and schedule factory audits to ensure vendors and factories are both ethical and compliant.
- Validate regulatory compliance and maintain internal database of compliance documentation for all factories and vendors, as well as database of BOMs and test results for J!NX manufactured products.
- Lead, assess, and resolve product failure and inspection issues; work proactively with vendors, factories and testing laboratories to assure timely and appropriate management of any issue which may arise.
- Assist marketing, sales, production, creative, and development departments as needed.
- Communicate effectively with retail buyers, technicians and manufacturers.
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Chemistry, International Business, or similar, preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of applicable industry experience.
- Knowledge and working experience with both toys and apparel.
- Technical understanding of raw materials, manufacturing processes, and intended product use for toys and apparel.
- Experience reading and reviewing laboratory test reports.
- Familiarity with test protocols and understanding of ASTM F963/CPSIA/Prop 65/EN standards and requirements.
- Familiarity with factory audit process and certification standards, WRAP/ISO 9001/ISO 45001/ISO 26000/ISO 14001/SA 8000/OEKO-TEX/GOTS/ICTI CARE.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to multitask and prioritize work effectively.
- Able to work autonomously and think independently, problem solve, analyze, and assess.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work across all divisions and levels of organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Experience working in Netsuite a plus.
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Demands
- On-site, this position includes regular and extensive use of a mouse and keyboard, extended viewing of a computer screen, and sitting and/or standing at a desk for more than 8 hours per day.
- Off-site, this position requires sitting, walking, and/or standing for an extensive amount of time while visiting factories, or traveling in or waiting for an automobile, airplane, and/or train.
- Travel is expected to be at/under 25%.
- Must be available to work some off-hours (evenings) to communicate with international partners.
- Position is located in Poway, California. Must be able to travel internationally (China, Hong Kong, India, Pakistan, and Latin America) and domestically. Valid passport required.
- Compensation: Competitive, DOE.
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Aflac, 401(k) with 3% Safe Harbor match.
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume in PDF format. Please note that submissions without cover letters and salary requirements will not be considered.
Back to top