Automotive Service Technician-40 Hours per week guaranteed
Jim Koons Automotive Group is looking for experienced Automotive Technicians. Only experienced technicians need apply. Our Service Department is growing so this is your opportunity to advance and build a long-term career at one of our 7 Northern Virginina quality dealerships.
Responsibilities of Automotive Service Technician
- Mechanic will cater to the specific needs of each repair order efficiently and accurately. This must be done within both dealership and factory requirements.
- The ideal technician candidate must be able to diagnose malfunctions, as well as perform the necessary repairs for them.
- Mechanic will perform vehicle repairs within their current capability/skill level.
- In depth examination of any vehicle under current supervision, to determine if any safety or service work is needed or recommended.
- Clearly documents and records work that is performed on the repair order under his/her supervision.
- Road tests vehicles when required or refers to the test technician/ service manager.
- Ability to perform any additional related duties as required and assigned by service manager.
Qualifications or Requirements of Automotive Service Technician
- 3-5 years experience as an Automotive Technician / Mechanic
- Preferred ASE Certification
- A valid driver's license
- High school diploma / Industry certification equivalent required
- Technician must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of common mechanic shop tools
We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package to include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid Vacations, Paid Holidays, 401K with Company Contribution
Meet Some of Jim Koons Automotive's Employees
As the general manager of Koons in Tysons, Virginia, James is in charge of ensuring that everything runs smoothly, that every employee is supported, and that every customer leaves smiling.
Back to top