Software Engineer, Experience Team
As a core member of our Experience team, you’re passionate about building digital products people will love. You understand the importance of great visual design, and love transforming mock ups into delightful, interactive experiences. You’re a geek at heart who loves to learn, take on technical challenges, and be empowered in a fast-paced and transparent culture. You're comfortable finding the right tool or pattern for the job, and are willing to push for improvements to the way we work when you feel like there is a better way.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who will be responsible for coding, testing, and deploying customer-facing applications. While this role will be primarily Front End focused, the ideal candidate we’re looking for would be interested in contributing code across the full stack. Our engineering teams work closely with Jetty’s Product Managers to create high quality products for our customers, internal teams, and beyond. This is a technical role expected to engineer, debug, review, and contribute code using modern technology strategies.
In return, Jetty seeks to invest in you. Whether it's by pushing to incorporate a new feature, or evangelizing your favorite framework, we aim to give every engineer room to grow and to empower them to do work they're proud of. Jetty is growing quickly, and there are always new opportunities to make a difference.
Our Tech Stack:
- Current: serverless SPA architecture, built via Webpack + Next.js and served via S3. Technologies include: React, SASS, ESLint, Cypress.js, Nightwatch, CircleCI, various AWS services (S3, Cloudfront, Lambda, etc)
- Roadmap: Typescript, GraphQL, Apollo
What you will do:
- Develop meaningful user experiences ranging from application code to animation
- Collaborate with product and design teams, lending thoughtful technical insight throughout the product development cycle, e.g. communicating capabilities, alternative solutioning, design feedback
- Work with our ‘backend’ Core Services engineering team to outline solutions across the full-stack of application development, e.g. defining endpoints, designing payloads
- Lend your expertise through code reviews and architecture sessions with our growing team of engineers
- Help evolve our tech stack and style guide by proposing new technologies and advocating for developer experience
- Proficiency in various aspects of UI development, e.g. CSS, responsive interfaces, browser quirks, animation techniques
- Experience working with UI designers, and translating designs from tools such as Figma, Principle, or Sketch
- Experience or interest in full stack development
- Python experience (a plus)
- A well-developed sense of user empathy
- A strong ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- A mastery of all things time management, whether it’s completing work, delivering estimates, or adapting to shifting deadlines
- The ability to share your hard-earned technical wisdom in a collaborative, low ego environment
- The desire to communicate proactively and frequently, be it through tickets, documentation, or video calls
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, and the flexibility to thrive in a start-up atmosphere of constant change and growth with a healthy dose of humor
Jetty is a financial services company on a mission to make renting a home more affordable and effortless for everyone. Founded in 2015, and inspired by real renter experiences, Jetty now has a nationwide footprint of renters and real estate partners. Focusing on the move-in moment, Jetty's products save renters thousands of dollars, while helping property managers increase occupancy and protection.
Jetty has raised $43.5M from Khosla Ventures, Ribbit Capital, and Valar, and has growing teams in New York City and Atlanta. Learn more about us: www.jetty.com.
Jetty is firmly committed to building a team as diverse as our Members. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities for all candidates regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
Benefits & Perks
- Health, dental, and vision insurance through Aetna & MetLife
- 401(k) through Betterment
- Optional life and disability coverage, HSA & FSA
- 20 days of PTO + 12 holidays, “Jetty Winter Break," and unlimited sick days
- Generous parental leave policy
- Free Citi Bike membership and pre-tax commuter benefits
- Gym discounts at NYHRC, NYSC, and ClassPass
- Plenty of snacks and coffee
Back to top