Software Engineer, Experience Team
As a Full Stack Software Engineer on our Experience team, you’re passionate about building digital products people will love. You’re a geek at heart who loves to learn, take on technical challenges, and be empowered in a fast-paced and transparent culture. You're comfortable finding the right tool or pattern for the job, and are willing to push for improvements to the way we work when you feel like there is a better way.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who will be responsible for coding, testing, and deploying experiences, end-to-end. This is a technical role expected to engineer, debug, review, and contribute backend and frontend code using modern technology strategies. Our engineering teams work closely with Jetty’s Product Managers to create high quality products for our customers, internal teams, and beyond.
In return, Jetty seeks to invest in you. Whether it's by pushing to incorporate a new feature, or evangelizing your favorite framework, we aim to give every engineer room to grow and to empower them to do work they're proud of. Jetty is growing quickly, and there are always new opportunities to make a difference.
Our Tech Stack:
- Roadmap: Typescript, GraphQL, Apollo
What you will do:
- Expand our growing integration infrastructure, bridging backend microservices with front-end experiences
- Build and improve various browser-based purchase flows that reach over 1 million rental units across the US
- Launch admin tools that configure the suite of Jetty applications for partners, users, and Jetty Employees
- Develop libraries, tools and UI components which drive all user-facing experiences
- Collaborate with product and design teams, lending thoughtful technical insight throughout the product development cycle, e.g. communicating capabilities, alternative solutioning, design feedback
- Lend your expertise through code reviews and architecture sessions with our growing team of engineers
- Help evolve our tech stack and style guide by proposing new technologies and advocating for developer experience
- 3+ years of production application experience, including development, deployment and support
- Experience with server-side concepts (microservices, caching, performance, monitoring and scalability). Experience with Node-backed stack is a plus.
- Experience working with UI designers and translating complex designs into code is a plus
- Proficiency in various aspects of UI development is a plus, e.g. styling, responsive interfaces, browser quirks, animation techniques
- A well-developed sense of user empathy
- A strong ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- A mastery of all things time management, whether it’s completing work, delivering estimates, or adapting to shifting deadlines
- The ability to share your hard-earned technical wisdom in a collaborative, low ego environment
- The desire to communicate proactively and frequently, be it through tickets, documentation, or video calls
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, and the flexibility to thrive in a start-up atmosphere of constant change and growth
Jetty is a financial services company on a mission to make renting a home more affordable and effortless for everyone. Founded in 2015, and inspired by real renter experiences, Jetty now has a nationwide footprint of renters and real estate partners. Focusing on the move-in moment, Jetty's products save renters thousands of dollars, while helping property managers increase occupancy and protection.
Jetty has raised $43.5M from Khosla Ventures, Ribbit Capital, and Valar, and has growing teams in New York City and Atlanta. Learn more about us: www.jetty.com.
Jetty is firmly committed to building a team as diverse as our Members. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities for all candidates regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
Benefits & Perks
- Health, dental, and vision insurance through Aetna & MetLife
- 401(k) through Betterment
- Optional life and disability coverage, HSA & FSA
- 20 days of PTO + 12 holidays, “Jetty Winter Break," and unlimited sick days
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible work schedules to accommodate remote work
- Stipends to cover WFH set-up, monthly childcare, and monthly phone/internet bill
Back to top