Senior Data Engineer
- New York, NY
As a core member of our engineering team, you’re passionate about building access to data in ways people will love. You’re a geek at heart who loves to learn, take on technical challenges, and be empowered in a fast-paced and transparent culture. You're comfortable finding the right tool or pattern for the job, and are willing to push for improvements to the way we work when you feel like there is a better way.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer who will build and lead the team responsible for designing, coding, testing, and deploying our highly available data infrastructure. This team will work closely with Jetty’s Product Managers to build high quality data pipelines so we can best serve our customers. This is a technical role expected to engineer, debug, review, and contribute code using modern technology strategies.
In return, Jetty seeks to invest in you. Whether it's by pushing to incorporate a new feature, or increasing our adoption of serverless architecture, we aim to give every engineer room to grow and to empower them to do work they're proud of. Jetty is growing quickly, and there are always new opportunities to make a difference.
What you will do:
- Partner with Jetty’s Data & Analytics Lead and company-wide stakeholders to define data governance and sources of truth
- Create data architecture and advocate for it across the organization
- Design and create data pipelines that are reliable, fault-tolerant, scalable, and performant
- Foster a culture of data security and enforce comprehensive security best practices
- Work with product managers and company stakeholders to prioritize the right work and the right time
- Assess the trade-off between integrating 3rd party tools vs producing quality, testable, maintainable custom solutions
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get into the technical details
- Familiarity integrating with financial products core systems, especially insurance products, a plus
- At least 7+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience with data ETL tools (e.g. Stitch, Talend, Fivetran)
- Familiarity with AWS cloud technologies (e.g. S3, EC2, Lamba, RDS, Redshift, etc)
- Professional coding experience (e.g. Python) with the willingness to recommend and adopt new technologies as necessary
- Relevant data modeling experience and integration with databases (e.g. MySql, Postgres)
- Experience working in Fintech, Insurance, or similar financial services companies is a plus
- Experience with modern source control tools (GitHub), and CI/CD build/deployment tools (e.g. CircleCI)
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Has a strong sense of leadership, ownership, and a bias for action, but can balance it with empathy and understanding
- Is a self-directed leader with a passion for building and supporting excellent engineering teams
- Has the ability to design scalable and maintainable technical solutions in a fast-paced, collaborative, and supportive environment
- Understands the need to collaborate effectively in writing and in person, create and document processes where needed, and to assist in delivering effective solutions to our customer on a schedule
- Has an opinion on how to build systems for scale, will advocate for that position, but once a decision is made will commit to making the project successful
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, and the flexibility to thrive in a start-up atmosphere of constant change and growth with a healthy dose of humor
Jetty is a financial services company on a mission to make renting a home more affordable and effortless for everyone. Founded in 2015, and inspired by real renter experiences, Jetty now has a nationwide footprint of renters and real estate partners. Focusing on the move-in moment, Jetty's products save renters thousands of dollars, while helping property managers increase occupancy and protection.
Jetty has raised $43.5M from Khosla Ventures, Ribbit Capital, and Valar, and has growing teams in New York City and Atlanta. Learn more about us: www.jetty.com.
Jetty is firmly committed to building a team as diverse as our Members. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities for all candidates regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
Benefits & Perks
- Health, dental, and vision insurance through Aetna & MetLife
- 401(k) through Betterment
- Optional life and disability coverage, HSA & FSA
- 20 days of PTO + 12 holidays, “Jetty Winter Break," and unlimited sick days
- Generous parental leave policy
- Free Citi Bike membership and pre-tax commuter benefits
- Gym discounts at NYHRC, NYSC, and ClassPass
- Plenty of snacks and coffee
Back to top