Content Marketing Manager
About the right team member:
- Do you ever find yourself daydreaming about the best way to tell a story?
- When someone says jump (into the land of content marketing), do you say how high (would you like me to grow our organic traffic)?
- When you go to sleep at night, do you count page views instead of sheep?
- Have you ever considered legally changing your middle name to “Attention to detail” just so it can be true when you say, “Attention to detail is my middle name”?
- Have you ever lost a friend over an argument about the Oxford comma?
- When someone at a cocktail party starts talking about insurance, do you run toward the conversation...instead of far, far away?
- Does this “About the right team member” section make you like the idea of this role even more?
- If you answered “yes” to most of these questions, then you’re probably the right team member.
The Content Marketing Manager will be a member of Marketing’s editorial team and serve as the lead editor for Jetty. He or she will oversee the content creation process from start to finish, from assigning an article to a freelancer to publishing it using our content management system.
The Content Marketing Manager’s goals are to increase traffic, brand awareness, and customer acquisition through exceptional editorial content creation. He or she will help us become known for our insurance expertise and guidance, our unique voice and style, and our drive to eliminate insurance jargon from the category. Working closely with all teams (Marketing, Sales, Communications, Member Care, Insurance, and more), the Content Marketing Manager will have editorial oversight of content (in the form of articles, white papers, and some shorter-form copy) that appears on our resource center, Shield Notes, and on third-party sites (e.g., syndicated pieces).
The Content Marketing Manager will be responsible for helping to define and evolve Jetty’s editorial strategy. He or she will work closely with an SEO agency to identify the editorial calendar and determine the best way to measure the success of our content. The Content Marketing Manager will also enlist and manage freelance writers as needed, but he or she will also write the content as it makes sense for the editorial strategy. The Content Marketing Manager will work with key stakeholders to ensure our content meets regulatory requirements.
At Jetty, you will:
- Evolve our editorial content strategy, making sure it’s aligned with short-term and long-term marketing goals.
- Create and publish engaging content about insurance, rental life, and more for our resource center, Shield Notes.
- Collaborate with SEO, Member Care, Marketing, and Insurance departments to develop an editorial calendar.
- Manage a team of freelance contributors who regularly produce content.
- Work with Marketing and Design teams to plan and develop visuals for each article.
- Copyedit all articles for story structure, grammar, and voice to ensure brand consistency.
- Optimize all content for organic search.
- Manage content distribution to online channels and social media platforms to increase web traffic.
- Ensure all content meets regulatory requirements.
- Track and report out on the performance of our content.
You'll be effective if you have:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a writer, editor, and/or content marketer, including creating B2C content for a brand (preferably about a complex topic, such as finance, insurance, healthcare, etc.).
- Exceptional writing, editing, grammatical, and storytelling skills.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and project management capabilities, as well as the ability to prioritize projects and workload as they relate to company and departmental goals.
- Ability to explain complex concepts in a digestible, jargon-free way.
- Data-driven mindset with a history of measuring the performance of editorial content.
- Creativity and sound judgment.
- Openness to positive and constructive feedback.
- Excellent researching and interviewing skills.
- Curiosity and drive to become an authority in insurance.
- Experience working with and/or managing a team of freelance contributors.
- Knowledge of SEO and ability to incorporate keywords in content.
At Jetty, we offer a wide suite of benefits and perks to employees:
Office Food & Beverage Benefits
- Robust office snack program
- Fresh, whole-bean coffee program
- “Bottomless" neighborhood coffee tap
Health & Wellness Benefits
- Free Citi Bike membership for every employee
- Steep corporate gym discounts at NYHRC, NYSC, and ClassPass
- Health Insurance with Aetna (company-subsidized)
- Dental Insurance with MetLife (company-subsidized)
- Vision Insurance with Aetna (company-subsidized)
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance (company-sponsored)
- Supplemental Life, Voluntary STD & LTD Insurance (at employee's discretion)
Other Personal Finance Benefits
- 401(k) plan with Betterment (company-administered; contribution at employee's discretion)
- Commuter transit benefits, HSAs & FSAs (at employee's discretion)
Jetty is transforming insurance. In an industry that’s historically been riddled with jargon, high costs, and outdated technology, we believe that everyone deserves better, more affordable coverage that protects the things they love.
Jetty Renters Insurance, our core offering for consumers, can be customized for all kinds of scenarios—from nightmares like fire and theft to shattered phones, broken laptops, and even bedbugs. We also offer two additional innovative services: Jetty Deposit and Jetty Lease Guaranty. Together, they eliminate the need for renters to have a guarantor or pay a security deposit when signing a lease. This not only saves renters time and money, but it helps landlords drive occupancy, streamline operations, and manage risk.
You can find the Jetty team working in New York City, but our services are available to renters in 45 states (including D.C.). We plan on offering our services nationwide before the end of 2018. Get to know us better at www.jetty.com.
Meet Some of Jetty's Employees
From forecasting and budgeting to product and business strategy, Eugene is involved in every facet of Jetty's financial well-being.
Back to top