The Scrum Master is responsible for assisting software engineering teams in the delivery of world class, customer delighting products in Mobile Device Management for Apple products at Jamf.
- Keeps Scrum process running
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example. This person should personify Scrum and Agile.
- Guiding and Coaching the Scrum Team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity
- Guiding the team to remove impediments
- Building a trusting and safe environment
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Encourages and helps to achieve transparency
- Strives to develop a Team into a High Performance Team
- Encourages and protects self-organization
- Ensures and supports Empowerment of the Team
- First level Scrum Master certification (PSM I, CSM)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
- Second level Scrum Master certification (PSM II, CSP)
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc)
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self study, etc.
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP or Kanban
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous - Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
Location: Minneapolis, MN or Eau Claire, WI
Travel: Up to 25%
Job Type: Full Time
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Supervisor: Engineering Manager
See Inside the Office of JAMF Software
JAMF Software is a world leader in Mac OS X and iOS management. JAMF Software helps commercial, educational, and government organizations succeed with the Apple platform. It provides simple, flexible, and scalable frameworks to operate within through its proprietary Casper Suite. With its operational management software, JAMF allows IT administrators to maintain, update, and ensure that their devices are functioning at optimal performance levels.
Back to top