Senior Tax Analyst - Quality Control
- Sarasota, FL
At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation's largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quality Control Tax Analyst in the Tax Department of our Sarasota Office! This position performs software testing activities for Jackson Hewitt's tax application in order to deliver quality technology solutions to the business. The Senior QC Tax Analyst is a fully competent tax expert and tax software Quality Assurance tester, tackles unsolved problems, demonstrates significant professional testing knowledge, and often helps the team improve.
What you'll do here:
- Work closely with team and internal customers to research and resolve any issues with our tax software.
- Formulate efficient test design approach to ensure ease of maintenance and quality software for more complex components.
- Develop test and tax return data to verify and validate software functionality.
- Collaborate with test team and business partners to share knowledge and perform test reviews.
- Identify, record, and report software deficiencies and retests corrections according to change management procedures.
- Develop and execute test plans, scripts, and cases based on new software requirements/designs or existing software functionality.
- Perform manual and automated tests, as needed.
- Train and coach other team members as necessary.
What skills and experience you'll bring for success:
- 7+ years of tax application testing and/or development experience or tax preparation experience
- Some experience with Individual tax preparation or equivalent accounting related hands-on work experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Operating Systems, Internet Explorer, and Office applications
- Requires strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills to work effectively in a team environment
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Computer, or Business-related degree
- Enrolled Agent or CPA preferred
What you will get if you join us:
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 4 Weeks Paid Time Off + 11 Paid Holidays
- Company Celebrations and Appreciation Events
- Fast-paced, innovative culture with an open and collaborative environment
- Ample opportunity to develop core and new skillsets and have a stake in your own success
- Freedom to create your best work and make a visible impact on the organization
- Opportunities for advancement within the organization
We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Back to top