Senior Scrum Master
- Sarasota, FL
At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation's largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
As a Senior Scrum Master, at Jackson Hewitt you will be an integral part of our product development team, charged with delivery of business value in the form of industry-leading products. As a Servant Leader for multiple scrum teams, you will leverage agile methodologies and principles to help the team deliver innovative products and services to our tax clients, tax preparers and operators.
As a Jackson Hewitt Scrum Master you will:
- Guide and coach the team on Agile/Scrum practices and how to become self-organized
- Help the team assess their 'Scrum Maturity' and how to move to higher levels of maturity
- Build a safe and trusting environment where conflicts can be managed in a healthy way without fear of blame
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Eliminate impediments and create focus on accomplishing a goal while promoting the team's self-management and continuous improvement.
- Coordinate efforts between business units and technology teams to ensure the team delivers to plan
- Be responsible for supporting and coaching the Product Owner on Agile/Scrum practices
Skills you'll bring for success:
- Experienced in a Scrum Master role for 5+ years for a software development team
- Experience as a Facilitator, driving continuous improvement ,team empowerment, and transparency
- Knowledge and experience with agile approaches and techniques in 3 or more of the following: Scrum, Kanban XP, Automated Testing, TDD, Continuous Integration, Pairing, Agile Games, etc.
- Unwavering commitment Servant Leadership, vision, and team
- High Emotional Intelligence
- Positive attitude and high energy
- Undaunted drive to learn and succeed
What you'll get if you join us:
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- 21 Days Paid Time Off + 11 Paid Holidays
- 401k + Match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Pet Insurance
- Company Celebrations and Appreciation Events
- Fast-paced, innovative culture with an open and collaborative environment
- Ample opportunity to develop core and new skillsets and have a stake in your own success
- Freedom to create your best work and make a visible impact on the organization
- Opportunities for advancement within the organization
We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Back to top