Regulatory and Compliance Manager - Legal
- Jersey City, NJ
At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation's largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
About the Role:
The Regulatory and Compliance Manager is responsible for managing state licensing efforts including applications for new state licenses, managing renewals of existing licenses, managing regulatory requests and audits, and ensuring ongoing compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements according to company policies and applicable law.
What you'll do here:
- Manage and evaluate regulations and laws applicable to licensing activities and ensure appropriate implementation.
- Coordinate with business partners, state agencies, and internal resources to ensure timely and efficient license acquisition and renewal. Coordinate with bank partners on ongoing compliance audits and report findings to the Office of the General Counsel.
- Help identify system and process improvements to mitigate instances of non-compliance with corporate policies and provide recommendations to the Office of General Counsel as needed. Coordinate with operations teams, technology and legal teams to implement approved system changes as needed.
- Research, review and distribute information regarding changes to regulatory local and state licenses and/or registrations.
- Prepare all state forms and related reports and manage all communications with licensing authorities.
- Assist the Office of the General Counsel in the implementation of Company-wide compliance policies and procedures related to state and federal regulatory requirements, and assist with compliance monitoring.
- Serve as the point of contact for the Tax Compliance team and the Customer Care team to monitor red flag reports as appropriate.
- Coordinate with outside counsel to assist with corporate licensing renewals and new license applications as required. Maintain and organize all documentation related to corporate licensing.
- Assist with periodic reviews and updates to the company-wide Tax Compliance Manual and the Operations Manual.
- Monitoring state law developments related to state and federal compliance requirements and summarize findings for distribution to the field once approved. Coordinate franchisee and corporate-wide communications regarding compliance with state and federal laws.
What skills, experience, and aptitudes you'll bring for success:
- A bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of relevant experience.
- Background working with financial institutions or financial companies requiring licensing and regulations in multiple states.
- Ability to perform complex tasks typically following established processes, and the ability to update and draft formal processes as needed.
- Competencies: Independent Judgement. Organizational skills. Interpersonal skills. Legal Research abilities. Oral and written communication skills. Analytical thinker.
What you will get if you join us:
- Competitive Salary + Bonus 401k + Match Medical, Dental and Vision 4 Weeks Paid Time Off + 11 Paid Holidays Company Celebrations and Appreciation Events Fast-paced, innovative culture with an open and collaborative environment Ample opportunity to develop core and new skill sets and have a stake in your own success Freedom to create your best work and make a visible impact on the organization Opportunities for advancement within the organization
We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Back to top