- Jersey City, NJ
At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation's largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
Jackson Hewitt is seeking a Procurement Director to join our team in Jersey City, NJ. Placed within the Office of the CFO, this role will perform company-wide procurement activities with overall responsibility for developing strategic sourcing and procurement direction and initiatives. This role is accountable for managing spending across corporate and retail operations.
What you'll do here:
- Develops goals and objectives of the procurement function.
- Negotiates contracts with vendors.
- Selects and develops key supplier relationships; optimizes the supply base through consolidation of relationships where appropriate.
- Implements best practices in procurement and supplier management to support commercial and operational objectives.
- Identifies areas for improvement to continually drive performance and business results.
- Ensures compliance with sourcing decisions and ongoing purchasing practices.
- Frequently communicates with internal departments, vendors and retail offices to resolve complex problems with vendors, products or services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills you'll bring for success:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field is required; MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years of strategic sourcing and procurement experience required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the sourcing process and a proven track record of success in a dynamic organization.
- Experience in a national retail environment preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior critical thinking, negotiation, and customer relations skills are required.
- Ability to interface at all levels including top management.
What you will get if you join us:
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- 21 Days Paid Time Off + 11 Paid Holidays
- 401k + Match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Pet Insurance
- Company Celebrations and Appreciation Events
- Fast-paced, innovative culture with an open and collaborative environment
- Ample opportunity to develop core and new skillsets and have a stake in your own success
- Freedom to create your best work and make a visible impact on the organization
- Opportunities for advancement within the organization
We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Back to top