Operations Support Representative 1 CCOS - Tax Support
At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation's largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
At Jackson Hewitt we have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
IF YOU WANT TO BE PART OF A TEAM THAT IS CHANGING THE INDUSTRY, WITH A FOCUS ON DELIVERING EXEMPLARY CUSTOMER SERVICE THEN JOIN JACKSON HEWITT!!
The Operations Support Representative 1 - Tax Support position is responsible for providing a world class experience to Jackson Hewitt Franchise and Corporate employees by answering Federal and State Tax questions.
This is a seasonal position with a duration of anywhere from 2 to 6 months, but could lead to a permanent position if performance is exceptional. This is a Work At Home - Remote or Sarasota, FL work in the office position.
You will be tasked with resolving 1 st Tier level interactions via phone and chat, or escalating to Tier 2 upon Employee request or applicable resolution path. (Experience with Profiler and a proven ability to assist, may move you directly to Tier 2)
To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of executive management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Solutions Oriented, supporting one-call-resolution. Able to use tools, knowledgebase, and communication skills to effectively research and transmit accurate information with a goal of resolving the Employee's reason for contact.
• Answer questions for both State and Federal returns.
• Assist Tax Preparers on how to navigate Jackson Hewitt Proprietary Tax Prep Software through current and prior year system changes.
• Assist tax preparers in correction of State and Federal rejects.
• Provide knowledge particular to Federal or State code changes s such as ACA and the Path Act.
• Demonstrate excellent voice quality, inflection and present a professional, courteous, patient demeanor.
• Demonstrate the ability to maintain a confident, friendly and helpful tone in conversation.
• Take ownership in assisting, researching, resolving, or escalating Employee issues.
• Able to understand and implement new information and procedures efficiently and professionally.
• Able to understand detailed policies and procedures and explain these to the Employee in a manner which is easily understood.
• Excellent computer navigation and data entry skills - Agents will utilize multiple systems to access Employee information, research issues, educate and solve the Employee's reason for contact.
• Ability to accept and implement Quality and Performance Management Coaching / Feedback.
• Will handle and hold secure confidential and sensitive Employee information.
• Diligence in accurately documenting Employee records and cases.
• May be asked to assist with other program support including email, web chat, co-browse, outbound and other support initiatives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant Tax Prep Experience
• Proficiency in Profiler
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Contact Center applications, quality monitoring tools and applications, center reporting tools and technologies.
• Proficiency with learning new technology and system applications.
• Bi Lingual Spanish a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMAND AND WORK EFFORT
• A quiet workspace at home that you are able to work free of any outside distractions
• A PC running Windows 7 or 10, a dual core or higher CPU and 4GB of RAM
• A stable wired internet connection with at least 10 mbps download and 3mbps upload speed
• Keying / typing, sitting, standing, walking.
• Constant mental and/or visual attention; the work is either repetitive or diversified requiring constant alertness in a Work at Home Contact Center environment.
• Compliance with company attendance standards.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• FLSA status: Seasonal, Hourly, Non-Exempt.
We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Back to top