At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation's largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
Jackson Hewitt is looking for an Operations Support Representative to join our team in a remote setting. The Operations Support Representative 1 position is responsible for providing a world class experience to Jackson Hewitt Franchise and Corporate employees by answering Federal and State Tax questions from Tax Preparers in the field. Must have 2 years of tax preparation experience.
You will be tasked with resolving first Tier level interactions via phone and chat or escalating to Tier 2 upon Employee request or applicable resolution path. (Experience with Profiler and a proven ability to assist, may move you directly to Tier 2)
This is a Seasonal Position with a possible duration of mid-November, through mid-April the following year, but could lead to a permanent position if performance is exceptional.
What you'll do here:
To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Solutions Oriented, supporting one-call-resolution. Able to use tools, knowledgebase, and communication skills to effectively research and transmit accurate information with a goal of resolving the Employee's reason for contact.
- Answer questions for both State and Federal returns.
- Assist Tax Preparers on how to navigate Jackson Hewitt Proprietary Tax Prep Software through current and prior year system changes.
- Assist tax preparers in correction of State and Federal rejects.
- Provide knowledge particular to Federal or State code changes such as ACA and the Path Act.
- Demonstrate excellent voice quality, inflection and present a professional, courteous, patient demeanor.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain a confident, friendly and helpful tone in conversation.
- Take ownership in assisting, researching, resolving, or escalating Employee issues.
- Able to understand and implement new information and procedures efficiently and professionally.
- Able to understand detailed policies and procedures and explain these to the Employee in a manner which is easily understood.
- Excellent computer navigation and data entry skills - Agents will utilize multiple systems to access Employee information, research issues, educate and solve the Employee's reason for contact.
- Ability to accept and implement Quality and Performance Management Coaching / Feedback.
- Will handle and hold secure confidential and sensitive Employee information.
- Diligence in accurately documenting Employee records and cases.
- May be asked to assist with other program support including email, web chat, co-browse, outbound and other support initiative.
- Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of executive management
Skills you'll bring for success:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant Tax Prep Experience
- Proficiency in Profiler
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Contact Center applications, quality monitoring tools and applications, center reporting tools and technologies.
- Proficiency with learning new technology and system applications.
- Bilingual - Spanish a plus.
Work from home requirements:
- Windows 10 PC with minimum of 4 gigs of Ram and Google Chrome as main browser.
- Wired or Wireless Network speed at or above 20 mbps.
- A quiet room with no background noise or possibility of audible interruptions.
- Dual ear USB Headset with microphone and noise cancelling function.
Physical demand and work effort:
- Keying / typing, sitting, standing, walking.
- Minimum 35 WPM.
- Constant mental and/or visual attention; the work is either repetitive or diversified requiring constant alertness in a Work at Home Contact Center environment.
- Compliance with company attendance standards.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What you'll get if you join us:
- 401k with Company Match (eligible to participate after working first 1,000 hours)
- Medical Low Plan with Company HSA Match (eligible to participate after working 1,500 hours annually)
- Teladoc (Unlimited Teladoc sessions, $13 per month to seasonal emp)
- Free Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Corporate discount program
- Flexible work schedule
- Free tax preparation training and PTIN registration
- Free tax filing services for all JH employees
- Professional development and continuous training
- Expand your leadership and operational knowledge
- Learn from the leaders how to best support clients in busy retail tax locations
- Make a visible impact within the organization
- Join a fast-paced, innovative culture with an open and collaborative environment
- Ample opportunity to develop core and new skillsets and have a stake in your own success
- Opportunities for advancement within the organization
- Join a great organization that cares about employees!
We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.