Lead Tax QA Engineer
At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation's largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
At Jackson Hewitt we have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
IF YOU WANT TO BE PART OF A TEAM THAT IS CHANGING THE INDUSTRY, WITH A FOCUS ON DELIVERING EXEMPLARY CUSTOMER SERVICE THEN JOIN JACKSON HEWITT!!
The primary responsibility of the Lead Tax QA Engineer will be to lead and own the Automation test effort for all assigned QA projects. This includes planning, developing, maintaining, and executing automated test scripts and libraries for the functional UI regression, performance testing, API/Services, and security test efforts. Other responsibilities include supporting enterprise initiatives and assisting in the implementation, documentation, and configuration of new QA test tools, strategies, and processes. In addition, this role will be responsible for knowledge transfer and training of these tools, strategies, and processes to other members of the QA team. This position ensures that all benchmarks are being met and reported accurately to the project teams, QA leadership, executive council, and all other Jackson Hewitt stakeholders.
What We're Looking For:
- Someone excited about building teams, enjoys collaboration, and contributes new ideas
- Someone with strong knowledge in modern QA automation, best practices and demonstrated experience of successful application of those practices
- Someone with a proven track record demonstrating ability to lead successful QA teams
- Someone with effective communication skills with the ability to influence / collaborate with multiple teams to ensure there is no delay in new releases forecasted on the project roadmap
- Hands-on test automation experience in functional testing of web applications, API/Services, and database/data warehouses.
- Experience in Performance/Load testing at the application, service, and enterprise layers.
- Experience in Security testing at the application, service, and enterprise layers.
- Experience with test tools like Selenium, TFS, SOAPUI/ReadyAPI, and TestStudio is preferred.
- Familiarity with Agile, QA Methodologies, and the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience with Rally or Jira for sprint activities.
- Experience working and testing in an AWS cloud environment.
- Experience to include defect management, version control, and code repository systems
- Experience developing automation test plans, test cases, and metrics reporting.
What You'll Do Here:
- Create and maintain test automation deliverables and artifacts (test plans, test cases, test results Create and maintain automation smoke tests for assigned projects.
- Create and maintain automation workflow and functional regression tests
- Create and maintain automation infrastructure tests (API/Services, Performance, and Security tests) for assigned projects.
- Maintain the automated test suite library.
- Defect Management and QA status reporting.
- Mentor and train other QA team members on automated test tools and best practices
- Formulate and develop automation metrics and measurements to determine the effectiveness and progress of the products being tested.
- Coordinate automation test efforts with other QA support groups (Test Labs, Test Environments QA functional test resources, and project team stakeholders).
- Comply with all centralized QA processes and policies
- Develop and maintain effective communication relationships with both technical and non-technical project team members.
- Support all company technology and product initiatives.
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment
What You'll Get If You Join Us
- Competitive Salary and Bonus
- 401k and Match
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement
- Celebration and Snack Days
- Live and play in the beautiful Sarasota/Tampa Bay Area
We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Back to top