Lead Architect – Windows Desktop Software
At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation's largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
At Jackson Hewitt we have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
IF YOU WANT TO BE PART OF A TEAM THAT IS CHANGING THE INDUSTRY, WITH A FOCUS ON DELIVERING EXEMPLARY CUSTOMER SERVICE THEN JOIN JACKSON HEWITT!!
Do you have a passion for digging in and solving technical challenges? Are you a natural leader that can partner and influence cross-functional scrum teams, but still get your hands dirty to help transform our platform? Jackson Hewitt is looking to add a Software Architect to enhance our flagship desktop products used in our nationwide retail locations, improve backend processing systems, and design custom development tools.
What You'll Do Here
- Design, plan, and coach team members through the delivery of new features
- Review code and provide feedback to developers
- Identify and champion strategic improvements to our platforms and processes
- Use operational data to optimize production uptime and performance
- Drive team design and troubleshooting sessions
- Opportunity to grow into management
Skills You'll Bring For Success
- Proven leadership track record as a technical architect, team lead, or development manager
- Experience delivering Windows desktop applications with C++
- Prior experience with MFC is not required, but will be very helpful
- Experience designing applications that leverage web services
- Working knowledge of C++, C#, SQL, & Linux
- Positive attitude, high energy, and strong emotional intelligence
- Undaunted drive to learn and succeed
- Great candidates will have a technical degree and 7+ years of experience
What You'll Get If You Join Us
- Competitive Salary and Bonus
- 401k and Match
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement
- Celebration and Snack Days
We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Meet Some of Jackson Hewitt's Employees
Iris V.Tax Preparer III
Iris interacts with both the client and co-worker sides of the Jackson Hewitt community, offering knowledge, assistance with document preparation, and up-to-date knowledge.
Back to top