At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation's largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
Jackson Hewitt is looking for a Helpdesk Tier 1 representative to join our team in a remote setting. The Helpdesk Tier 1 (WFH) position is responsible for providing a world class experience to Jackson Hewitt Franchise and Corporate employees by answering Technical calls related to Software, Hardware and Network issues in a Work at Home Contact Center environment.
This is a Seasonal Position with a possible duration of mid-November, through mid-April the following year.
What you'll do here:
To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Demonstrate excellent voice quality, inflection and present a professional, courteous, patient demeanor. Maintain a confident, friendly, and helpful tone in conversation.
- Strong Windows 10 and Windows related networking experience desired.
- Ability for follow directions and perform the step necessary to resolve the issue.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to learn new technology quickly and adapt and tailor solutions to fit the challenge.
- Take ownership in assisting, researching, resolving, or escalating Employee issues.
- Verbally de-escalate and handle difficult Employee situations.
- Understand and implement new information and procedures efficiently and professionally.
- Utilize multiple systems to access Employee information, research issues, educate and solve the Employee's reason for contact.
- Accept and implement Quality and Performance Management Coaching / Feedback.
- Handle and hold secure confidential and sensitive Employee information.
- Diligently and accurately document Employee records and cases.
- May be asked to assist with other program support including email, web chat, co-browse, outbound and other support initiatives.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Strong Windows 10 and Windows related network experience.
- Knowledge of Printers and Scanners configured in a Windows environment.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant Contact Center experience.
- Excellent computer navigation and data entry skills.
- Proficiency with learning new technology and system applications.
- Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of executive management.
Work from home requirements
- Windows 10 PC with minimum of 4 gigs of Ram and Google Chrome as main browser
- Wired or Wireless Network speed at or above 20 mbps
- A quiet room with no background noise or possibility of audible interruptions
- Dual ear USB Headset with microphone and noise cancelling function
Physical demand and work effort:
- Keying / typing, sitting, standing, walking.
- Minimum 35 WPM
- Constant mental and/or visual attention; the work is either repetitive or diversified requiring constant alertness in a Work at Home Contact Center environment.
- Compliance with company attendance standards.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What you'll get if you join us:
- 401k with Company Match (eligible to participate after working first 1,000 hours)
- Medical Low Plan with Company HSA Match (eligible to participate after working 1,500 hours annually)
- Teladoc (Unlimited Teladoc sessions, $13 per month to seasonal emp)
- Free Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Corporate discount program
- Flexible work schedule
- Free tax preparation training and PTIN registration
- Free tax filing services for all JH employees
- Professional development and continuous training
- Expand your leadership and operational knowledge
- Learn from the leaders how to best support clients in busy retail tax locations
- Make a visible impact within the organization
- Join a fast-paced, innovative culture with an open and collaborative environment
- Ample opportunity to develop core and new skillsets and have a stake in your own success
- Opportunities for advancement within the organization
- Join a great organization that cares about employees!
We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.