At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation's largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
As a Tax Resolution Tax Consultant at Jackson Hewitt, you will be an integral part of growing national business to help clients resolve their tax issues with the IRS.
The TR Tax Consultant will consult with prospective clients to resolve their tax issues with the IRS and State taxing authorities. If the client qualifies and needs our services, the Tax Consultant will be responsible for developing a plan of action and selling tax resolution services to clients.
This position offers a variety of compensation including a base hourly rate + monthly commission + annual performance bonus.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone with financial sales experience who can manage a lead pool, close and complete the sale, and manage their workload.
What you'll do here:
- Consult with client prospects and provide tax problem solving solutions for our clients
- Articulate value and sell our services to prospective tax problem clients
- Serve as the point of contact for your clients, communicating important actions, status updates, and needed information with your clients
- Regularly collaborate with team members to assist with client consultations and resolve client tax issues
- Set up plans to resolve client issues by evaluating client facts, options, setting a plan, aligning the plan with the client's needs
- Draft solution-oriented recommendations, strategies and arguments addressing specific clients' tax issues on a consistent basis.
- Use strong analytical and problem-solving skills to evaluate and determine the best course of action to resolve client tax issues.
- Manage assigned clients and priorities, and work with other team members to resolve client issues
Skills you'll bring for success:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
- Successful 2-5 years of experience working in sales of financial services and products
- Tax preparation and/or tax resolution experience a bonus!
- Strong financial services sales skills
- Professional, service-minded demeanor
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational, written, and communication skills
- Able to prioritize and manage caseload
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to adapt to change
- Proficient and comfortable with computers and software applications
- Comfortable working in a performance and incentive driven environment
What you will get if you join us:
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- Unlimited Paid Time Off + 11 Paid Holidays
- 401k + Match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Pet Insurance
- Company Celebrations and Appreciation Events
- Fast-paced, innovative culture with an open and collaborative environment
- Ample opportunity to develop core and new skillsets and have a stake in your own success
- Freedom to create your best work and make a visible impact on the organization
- Opportunities for advancement within the organization
We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.