At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation's largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
We're always looking for top performers to add value & make a difference in people's lives.
We offer flexible work schedules and pay based on performance.
At Jackson Hewitt, we provide an invaluable service in guiding our clients through the tax codes, rules, and processes. We do this with integrity, quality, and consistency. This is something that the vast majority of taxpayers don't receive from DIY or other assisted providers. We take pride in that. The role you play is critical to our success and together we are "Working Hard for the Hardest Working Americans". This is our mission and it's a large part of why we work here. Together we are highly passionate about what we do, and how we can help our clients.
Doing taxes is much more than filling in some forms. For most Americans, their tax return is the biggest single financial event of the year, and it can be quite an emotional experience. That's where you come in! We are here to ease their stress and provide expert customer service and tax knowledge.
Flexible Schedules Available:
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Full-time or Part-time
- Someone who has gaps in their work history or are looking to boost their skills and resume?
- Someone who has been out of the workforce over the last year while at home with family?
- Retired and want to continue to make an impact?
- Someone without a college diploma? No problem!
- A Veteran or military personnel transitioning from the service?
- Part of a military family that moves often with deployments?
- A recent college graduate or current college student with tax experience?
- A stay-at-home parent who needs a flexible work schedule?
- A gig worker or looking to add a second income?
- Bilingual? Bilingual candidates highly encouraged to apply!
As a Tax Expert, you will be responsible for providing expert guidance, explaining, preparing, and completing accurately tax-related forms for clients, including multiyear, multistate, and year-end tax forms. You will also provide clients with IRS audit support. Complete E-filing, provide printed copies of returns for clients to review, sign and e-file these forms to IRS and state agencies.
- Conduct face-to-face tax interviews with clients.
- Generate business growth, increase client retention, and offer additional products and services.
- Answer client calls via our national call center routing system.
- Answer tax related questions and provide future tax planning to clients in a timely fashion.
- Collection and processing of clients' payments while ensuring timely deposits.
- Marketing and business generation efforts.
- Resolve client complaints or refer situations to supervisor (as appropriate) for resolution.
- Support office priorities through teamwork and collaboration.
- Mentor and support teammates, providing guidance and in some cases acting as a lead.
- This position has access to and regularly works with information of a sensitive, highly confidential nature which requires a working knowledge of the business.
- 2+ seasons of previous tax experience.
- Experience completing individual, trust, &/or partnership tax returns.
- Passion for providing extraordinary customer service.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Successful completion of the Jackson Hewitt Tax Knowledge Assessment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field preferred.
- Field Instructor, Remote Support, or Call Center certification a plus.
- Tax planning and audit support experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field a plus.
- CPA or Enrolled Agent license a bonus.
- PTIN Certification: Yes
- Eligible for year-end annual bonus program
- 401k with Company Match (eligible to participate after working first 1,000 hours)
- Medical Low Plan with Company HSA Match (eligible to participate after working 1,500 hours annually)
- Teledoc (Unlimited Teledoc sessions, $13 per month to seasonal emp)
- Free Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Corporate discount program
- Flexible work schedule
- Free tax preparation training and PTIN registration
- Free tax filing services for all JH employees
- Professional development and continuous training
- Expand your leadership and operational knowledge
- Learn from the leaders how to best support clients in busy retail tax locations
- Make a visible impact within the organization
- Join a fast-paced, innovative culture with an open and collaborative environment
- Ample opportunity to develop core and new skillsets and have a stake in your own success
- Opportunities for advancement within the organization
- Join a great organization that cares about employees!
We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.