At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation's largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
Jackson Hewitt is looking for a Director of Tax Knowledge, Learning Solutions to join our team and will develop and lead the long-term strategy for creating compelling and impactful Tax Education for our commercial as well as our corporate employees. The Director of Tax Knowledge, reporting directly to the Company's VP of Learning Performance Solutions, will drive a continuous learning approach that evolves and flexes with increasing and changing Tax Knowledge requirements. In this role you will lead the team responsible for maintaining and enhancing tax knowledge materials and tools that support both Jackson Hewitt and IRS requirements.
What you'll do here:
Lead and Develop a Team
- Lead a team of tax knowledge SMEs and Designers in an open and collaborative approach that encourages a focus on continuous improvement and high-quality output.
- Assists and supports the Manager of Tax Knowledge with annual project initiatives and delivering on project milestones with a focus on including continuous improvement processes and tools.
- Provide development opportunities to build even stronger individual and team capabilities.
- Ensure team members are empowered and given opportunities to grow and develop.
Long Term Tax Knowledge Development
- Defines and Leads the long-term vision for development and execution of tax knowledge initiatives (both content and technology).
- Encourages and enables the design of formal and informal learning solutions in a manner that engages the learner and produces knowledgeable and confident Tax Pros.
- Conducts routine formal and informal needs analysis to ensure the team, learning programs, and processes are aligned with intrinsic goals and driving performance.
- Measures and monitors training effectiveness, analyze results, and develops insights that power future tax knowledge learning plans and performance expectations.
- Partners with the VP of Learning to establish a JH Marketplace for Tax Knowledge Content and a potential National Tax School for new FZs.
- Defines and executes QA strategies to ensure all content remains technologically and professionally current and correct.
Working on a Team
- Works directly with the Learning Performance Solutions team to partner on short- and long-term strategic initiatives.
- Works directly with other key business partners on organizational initiatives to determine tax knowledge needs to support business strategy.
- Regularly and actively communicates with Company and Franchisees Leaders to align on key business objectives.
- Partner with Tax Resources team when IRS communications/changes require training/tools for field and tax pros.
Skills you'll bring for success:
- 8+ years of leadership experience; thrives in a team-oriented environment.
- 5+ years of Background/Experience with Federal Income Taxes rules and regulations. CPA and/or Enrolled Agent Status preferred
- Knowledge/experience dealing with all aspects of the tax education requirements.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced, ambiguous environment while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills; prioritization and the ability to multi-task, including the ability to pivot to meet changed priorities and expectations.
- Self-motivated with strong judgment, and someone who is always thinking about better ways of doing things.
- Experience working within a franchise or other retail business with multi-unit operations is a plus but not a requirement.
- Bachelor's Degree; or equivalent related business experience.
- Knowledge of instructional design, online learning development methodology and familiarity with the utilization of adult learning techniques a plus
- Familiarity with various software programs including Power Point, Excel, Word, Storyline, and screen casting.
What you will get if you join us:
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- Unlimited Paid Time Off + 11 Paid Holidays
- 401k + Match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Pet Insurance
- Company Celebrations and Appreciation Events
- Fast-paced, innovative culture with an open and collaborative environment
- Ample opportunity to develop core and new skillsets and have a stake in your own success
- Freedom to create your best work and make a visible impact on the organization
- Opportunities for advancement within the organization
We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.