Director IS Security
At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation's largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
At Jackson Hewitt we have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
IF YOU WANT TO BE PART OF A TEAM THAT IS CHANGING THE INDUSTRY, WITH A FOCUS ON DELIVERING EXEMPLARY CUSTOMER SERVICE THEN JOIN JACKSON HEWITT!!
The Director of Information Security will be the senior IT security leader for Jackson Hewitt. Reporting to the VP IT Ops, QC & Release this role will be responsible for all aspects of information security from legal compliance for customers to threat and vulnerability management. This position will create a security program that spans all end-points to the back office. You must be comfortable explaining security practices and concepts to end-users, to executive management, and everyone in between.
- Create corporate information security risk strategies, policies, standards, and guidelines
- Create information security roadmap and budget
- Implement risk management program to analyze and resolve security risks
- Create the security context for the organization understanding business and regulatory requirements
- Implement an information security management system based on industry standards
- Negotiate customer security and privacy concerns with the legal department
- Verify that security controls are appropriate for employee and customer privacy requirements
- Oversee creation of a team that will manage security incident responses
- Oversee creation of appropriate controls in the following areas:
- Network and communications
- Systems Knowledge
- Information technology software development
- Threat and vulnerability management
- Identity and access management
- Endpoint protection
- Application and data security
- Ensure that information security is represented in all aspects of IT Service Management
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Information Systems required; Masters in Information Systems or Information Assurance preferred.
- Ten or more years of progressive experience and responsibility in the information technology discipline with demonstrated experience in business continuity planning, IT security auditing, and risk management, as well as a solid understanding of information technology and information security practices.
- Significant understanding of IT Infrastructure technologies including network, server, end-point, mobile, storage and how security relates to the overall IT.
- Preferred certifications: CISSP, GIAC, CISM.
- Product management experience a plus
- Proven experience managing complex projects/programs for a large organization from the security perspective.
- Must demonstrate exceptional communications skills, appropriate for a broad range including business stakeholders, third party vendors, offshore providers, and technical staff.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, managing multiple initiatives and commitments simultaneously.
- Proven ability to change-manage organizations to next level of it security maturity.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in vendor management.
We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Back to top