At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation's largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
If you want to be part of a team that is changing the industry, with a focus on delivering exemplary customer service then join Jackson Hewitt! As a Tax Resolution Business Tax Preparer at Jackson Hewitt, you will be an integral part of growing national business to help clients resolve their tax issues with the IRS.
The TR Business Tax Preparer will work directly with clients and internal TR team members to accurately file current and prior year tax returns which are needed to resolve their tax issues with the IRS and State taxing authorities.
What you'll do here:
- Work with clients and internal TR team members to prepare, and file current and prior year Federal and State individual and business tax returns.
- Work with TR team members and clients to understand their filing requirements and obligations.
- Conduct quality assurance on other tax preparers' prepared returns for accuracy and compliance.
- Communicate needs to clients and TR team members on information and documents needed to prepare and file accurate tax returns.
- Articulate value of tax preparation services to our clients.
- Regularly collaborate with team members to assist with client consultations and resolve client tax filing issues.
- Set up plans to resolve client issues by evaluating client facts, options, setting a plan, aligning the plan with the client's needs.
- Manage assigned clients and priorities, and work with other team members to resolve client issues.
- 6+ years tax preparation experience.
- 3 years' experience in preparing business tax returns (1120, 1120S, 1065, 940.941, etc.).
- Have an active PTIN for the past 6 years.
- Knowledge of IRS and state procedures for filing prior year returns.
- Enrolled agent, a plus.
- Tax resolution experience a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to succinctly communicate what is needed from a client to prepare an accurate tax return.
- Collaborative, self-motivated, and able to adapt to change.
- Professional, service-minded demeanor.
- Excellent organizational, written, and communication skills
- Microsoft Office and Outlook proficient
What you will get if you join us:
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- Unlimited Paid Time Off + 11 Paid Holidays
- 401k + Match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Pet Insurance
- Company Celebrations and Appreciation Events
- Fast-paced, innovative culture with an open and collaborative environment
- Ample opportunity to develop core and new skillsets and have a stake in your own success
- Freedom to create your best work and make a visible impact on the organization
- Opportunities for advancement within the organization
We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.