Benefits Assistant Total Rewards
- Sarasota, FL
At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation's largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
The Benefits Assistant works closely with the Benefits Specialist to ensure successful coordination and execution of the companies benefits programs.
This position will be responsible for assisting in the administration of benefit programs and educating employees about the processes and procedures regarding care under these programs. You will also assist in writing benefit communications. In addition, this position will be responsible for an extensive range of benefit related responsibilities such as eligibility and census reporting, and explaining and interpreting more complex aspects of company insurance programs to employees and dependents.
In the position, you will work with Jackson Hewitt's fully-insured group health (medical, dental, prescription, and vision) plans, disability plans, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, life (basic, supplemental, AD&D) and supplemental benefits.
What you'll do here:
- Pull reports, initiate feeds, and support system data inquiries as needed and/or required by the business.
- Processes enrollments, changes, and terminations of participants in all benefit plans and programs, supports benefit claims issues or concerns, and open enrollment processes.
- Assist the Benefits Specialist in the administration of all benefits policies and programs.
- Assists in administering multiple benefits plans by interpreting plan documents and internal policies and practices, solving problems, and communicating information about the plans to employees and departments.
- May be required to troubleshoot and resolve claims, eligibility, and enrollment issues with providers and carriers on behalf of employees.
- Assists in writing and distributing benefits communications including newsletters, changes to enrollment guides, and benefit announcements.
- Assists in design, communication, and administration of internal benefit incentives and programs.
- Performs a variety of duties for the benefits programs: establishing files, performs data entry, tracks information through manual and computerized and record keeping.
- Create and maintain tracking spreadsheets (MS Excel) for various benefits department needs.
- Coordination of COBRA eligible participants in third-party administrator's system.
- Coordination and tracking of missed deduction billing.
- Other job duties as assigned during the tax season that are HR related.
Skills you'll bring for success:
- 1-2 years benefit or human resource experienced required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information, materials, and inquiries
- Knowledge of federal and state benefit regulations
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office (including pivot tables with Excel) required
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, written and oral, for effective interaction with all levels of company personnel and external partners including vendors and providers (doctor offices, labs, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability writing complex benefits communications and organizing large group meetings or events preferred
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast paced environment and consistently meet deadlines with accurate and detailed results
What you will get if you join us:
- Competitive Pay + Bonus
- 21 Days Paid Time Off + 11 Paid Holidays
- 401k, Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Pet Insurance
- Company Celebrations and Appreciation Events
- Fast-paced, innovative culture with an open and collaborative environment
- Ample opportunity to develop core and new skillsets and have a stake in your own success
- Freedom to create your best work and make a visible impact on the organization
- Opportunities for advancement within the organization
We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Back to top