Social Media Manager
IVY unites rising leaders and introduces them to the most inspiring people, ideas, and experiences in the world. Over the last three years, we’ve built a dynamic team of 100 rock-stars, and established IVY as the leading community of entrepreneurs, artists, and innovators in the USA. IVY currently has 20,000 members and 300,000 registrants, with seven chapters across New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, and Miami (with plans to expand across 50 global cities). We host more than 1,000 experiences per year to bring our curriculum to life, including dinner and seminars with leading thinkers, art immersions, film screenings, global trips, and social impact activities. Led by two Harvard Business School graduates, we are backed by a renowned group of investors, including early investors in Facebook, Spotify, and Uber, as well as serial entrepreneurs with numerous successful exits.
We believe everyone has limitless potential, and our vision is for IVY to be the catalyst for achieving unprecedented human unity, progress, and fulfillment. Our curriculum enables rising leaders to elevate the world through experiential learning and collaborations focused on entrepreneurship, arts, social impact, policy, wellness, science, and philosophy. In the coming years, we will transform every global city into an immersive lifelong campus that provides everyone with the ideas, experiences, and connections they need to make a lasting positive impact on the world. The inspiration for IVY was strongly influenced by our Founders’ experiences at institutions like Harvard Business School, and the ways in which collegiate communities are able to accelerate ones’ social, professional, and intellectual development. We are obsessed with creating a global community that provides the same benefits throughout life.
We are looking for an experienced social media manager to implement IVY’s social media and content marketing — will include (but not be limited to) Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn. This will involve a robust content strategy, developing brand awareness, generating inbound traffic, customer service, and cultivating leads. The ideal candidate excels at crafting attention-grabbing messaging, but in a way that is sophisticated, intelligent, and in-line with the IVY brand. We are looking for a community-minded creative self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Expand audience, reach, and engagement across all platforms
- Generate leads and conversions
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video, articles) for our Members and target demographic
- Monitor, listen, and respond to questions and concerns and respond in a community-minded way quickly and positively
- Engage with Members and target-demographic users with a compelling voice that is representative of the brand
- Support and promote partnerships and events
- Work with design department to coordinate compelling visuals
- Design, create and manage promotions, contests, and ad campaigns.
- Compile regular reports for management showing results (ROI)
- 1-3 years experience in social media management
- Demonstrated creativity and social media/content marketing experience necessary (please provide links in your cover letter)
- Extremely strong writing and communication skills
- Exceptional people skills and high level of empathy
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Is an early-adopter who can pick up new tools and concepts quickly
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research
Why You’ll Want to Work with IVY:
- Opportunity to attend awesome events and network with some of the most influential professionals, artists, and thought leaders in the country
- Summer Fridays
- Paid time off, plus holidays and monthly work remote days
- Weekly team lunches and happy hours
- Work with a ridiculously supportive team in a beautiful office by Flatiron
- Dog-friendly workplace
We are dedicated to getting people to dream bigger and do more together, and we believe that starts right here with our own team. We are committed to hiring individuals with a diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, and beliefs who can use their passion to help us build a world-changing community — and thrive along the way. Join IVY for the chance to collaborate with an engaged team working to provide learning and growth opportunities for all.
IVY is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of IVY's Employees
Ben coordinates communication between IVY's communities and company departments in order to oversee event planning and advertising or marketing strategy. He also connects members to exciting intellectual opportunities.
Back to top