IVY unites rising leaders and introduces them to the most inspiring people, ideas, and experiences in the world. Over the last three years, we’ve built a dynamic team of 70 rock-stars, and established IVY as the leading community of entrepreneurs, artists, and innovators in the USA. IVY currently has 20,000 members and 100,000 registrants, with seven chapters across New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, and Miami (with plans to expand across 50 global cities). We host more than 1,000 experiences per year to bring our curriculum to life, including dinner and seminars with leading thinkers, art immersions, film screenings, global trips, and social impact activities. Led by two Harvard Business School graduates, we are backed by a renowned group of investors, including early investors in Facebook, Spotify, and Uber, as well as serial entrepreneurs with numerous successful exits.
We believe everyone has limitless potential, and our vision is for IVY to be the catalyst for achieving unprecedented human unity, progress, and fulfillment. Our curriculum enables rising leaders to elevate the world through experiential learning and collaborations focused on entrepreneurship, arts, social impact, policy, wellness, science, and philosophy. In the coming years, we will transform every global city into an immersive lifelong campus that provides everyone with the ideas, experiences, and connections they need to make a lasting positive impact on the world. The inspiration for IVY was strongly influenced by our Founders’ experiences at institutions like Harvard Business School, and the ways in which collegiate communities are able to accelerate ones’ social, professional, and intellectual development. We are obsessed with creating a global community that provides the same benefits throughout life.
IVY’s Senior Recruiter will play an instrumental role in growing the IVY team, and will be responsible for devising effective onboarding and retention strategies. You are innovative in your sourcing approach, preferring to experiment with new and unexpected tactics, rather than stick to traditional best-practices. You have demonstrated building solid pipelines of candidates to meet company goals. You will leverage multiple recruiting sources and internet sourcing techniques to identify candidates, execute on outreach, referral generation, and events. You will create custom outreach and meaningful candidate engagement while partnering with People Operations Manager across the organization. What we are looking for is a self-starter and a problem solver who thrives in an environment with minimal direction.
- Partner with the leadership team to define hiring goals
- Craft detailed recruiting strategies that account for diversity, inclusion, and keeping the bar high
- Own the interview process from start to finish
- Source and screen candidates to meet our open positions within 5 divisions
- Build a network and pipeline of professionals that match our culture
- Develop strong relationships and partner with hiring manager and recruiters, to maximize effectiveness of recruiting process
- Distribute all necessary interview information to hiring managers and interview team. This includes interview schedule, candidate’s resume, and other appropriate documents
- Schedule phone and on-site interviews and manage schedule conflicts
- Meet and greet candidates, and ensure a positive experience
- Compile and send out new hire packets to candidates at the time of offer
- Maintain Applicant Tracking System on a daily basis
- Take on ad-hoc projects on an as-needed basis
- Identify talent from every possible source, find unique profiles and build their interest in the IVY brand
- Know the company's culture and product inside and out, and are excited to tell the world why this is an amazing place to work
- Ensure the highest standard of confidentiality and professionalism
- 3+ years similar experience, preferably in a startup
- Proven track record of identifying, assessing and closing top talent
- Technical, non-technical and executive recruiting experience
- Excellent negotiation and sourcing skills
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems - Bamboo HR, Greenhouse, Jazz are preferred
- Proficient in direct sourcing using LinkedIn, user groups, social media, and other recruiting tools and databases
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Prioritizing and time management skills
- Great attitude; Proactive mindset
- Creative thinker as it relates to sourcing and recruiting passive talent
- Understanding of fast-paced and ever-changing startup environment
- A passion for recruiting and a desire to grow within the role
- A bachelor's degree is required
- Located in NYC
Why You’ll Want to Work with IVY:
- Opportunity to attend awesome events and network with some of the most influential professionals, artists, and thought leaders in the country
- Summer Fridays
- Paid time off, plus holidays and monthly work remote days
- Weekly team lunches and happy hours
- Work with a ridiculously supportive team in a beautiful office in the Flatiron area
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
We are dedicated to getting people to dream bigger and do more together, and we believe that starts right here with our own team. We are committed to hiring individuals with a diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, and beliefs who can use their passion to help us build a world-changing community — and thrive along the way. Join IVY for the chance to collaborate with an engaged team working provide learning and growth opportunities for all.
IVY is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of IVY's Employees
Community Growth Director
Caroline focuses on finding amazing people to join the IVY community, ensuring they enjoy the entire experience by taking full advantage of everything the company has to offer.
Back to top