Miami Events Intern
IVY unites rising leaders and introduces them to the most inspiring people, ideas, and experiences in the world. Over the last three years, we’ve built a dynamic team of 70 rock-stars, and established IVY as the leading community of entrepreneurs, artists, and innovators in the USA. IVY currently has 20,000 members and 100,000 registrants, with seven chapters across New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, and Miami (with plans to expand across 50 global cities). We host more than 1,000 experiences per year to bring our curriculum to life, including dinner and seminars with leading thinkers, art immersions, film screenings, global trips, and social impact activities. Led by two Harvard Business School graduates, we are backed by a renowned group of investors, including early investors in Facebook, Spotify, and Uber, as well as serial entrepreneurs with numerous successful exits.
We believe everyone has limitless potential, and our vision is for IVY to be the catalyst for achieving unprecedented human unity, progress, and fulfillment. Our curriculum enables rising leaders to elevate the world through experiential learning and collaborations focused on entrepreneurship, arts, social impact, policy, wellness, science, and philosophy. In the coming years, we will transform every global city into an immersive lifelong campus that provides everyone with the ideas, experiences, and connections they need to make a lasting positive impact on the world. The inspiration for IVY was strongly influenced by our Founders’ experiences at institutions like Harvard Business School, and the ways in which collegiate communities are able to accelerate ones’ social, professional, and intellectual development. We are obsessed with creating a global community that provides the same benefits throughout life.
Our network is growing rapidly and we are looking for highly entrepreneurial and motivated applicants for an internship support role for our Events Team. The ideal candidate is organized, enthusiastic, and able to see opportunities in obstacles.
Interns should be able to commit 20 hours per week, although there is room for more flexible hours/duration and off-site opportunities. Interns would have the opportunity to attend all IVY events, network with some of the top professionals in Miami, and be strongly considered for full time positions after graduation. To make the most of your internship, we encourage attendance at as many events as your schedule allows.
Event Planning & Execution Responsibilities:
- Continue to build database of venue contacts and information
- Research appropriate venues for
- Cocktail parties, Lectures, Talks, Art Gallery Receptions, Film Screenings, etc.
- Assist with event concept building and theme development
- Attend and take notes at site visits
- Order, distribute, and manage all event materials and execution items
- Source, secure, and manage necessary staffing including
- Hostesses, Security, Photographer, DJ, Vendors, etc.
- Assist with menu and drink customization for events
- Assist with post event recaps, data collection, and expense organization
- Assist with all other event preparation, from inception to day-of execution to post event wrap-up, including managing guest lists, bar tabs, moving event materials, and running the event on-site
- Effective organizational skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and phone skills
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency with MS Word, Google Drive, and Excel
- Love of learning and pride in resourcefulness - if you don't know how to do something, you figure it out or you know who to ask
- Motivated and hardworking, interested in start-up culture
This internship is unpaid and all candidates must be 21+ by June, 2017. Perks include free entrance to all IVY events and free lunch once a week. You will use your personal computer for this internship and work out of our Brickell office.
We are dedicated to getting people to dream bigger and do more together, and we believe that starts right here with our own team. We are committed to hiring individuals with a diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, and beliefs who can use their passion to help us build a world-changing community — and thrive along the way. Join IVY for the chance to collaborate with an engaged team working provide learning and growth opportunities for all.
IVY is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of IVY's Employees
Ben coordinates communication between IVY's communities and company departments in order to oversee event planning and advertising or marketing strategy. He also connects members to exciting intellectual opportunities.
Back to top