IVY unites rising leaders and introduces them to the most inspiring people, ideas, and experiences in the world. Over the last three years, we’ve built a dynamic team of 70 rock-stars, and established IVY as the leading community of entrepreneurs, artists, and innovators in the USA. IVY currently has 20,000 members and 100,000 registrants, with seven chapters across New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, and Miami (with plans to expand across 50 global cities). We host more than 1,000 experiences per year to bring our curriculum to life, including dinner and seminars with leading thinkers, art immersions, film screenings, global trips, and social impact activities. Led by two Harvard Business School graduates, we are backed by a renowned group of investors, including early investors in Facebook, Spotify, and Uber, as well as serial entrepreneurs with numerous successful exits.
We believe everyone has limitless potential, and our vision is for IVY to be the catalyst for achieving unprecedented human unity, progress, and fulfillment. Our curriculum enables rising leaders to elevate the world through experiential learning and collaborations focused on entrepreneurship, arts, social impact, policy, wellness, science, and philosophy. In the coming years, we will transform every global city into an immersive lifelong campus that provides everyone with the ideas, experiences, and connections they need to make a lasting positive impact on the world. The inspiration for IVY was strongly influenced by our Founders’ experiences at institutions like Harvard Business School, and the ways in which collegiate communities are able to accelerate ones’ social, professional, and intellectual development. We are obsessed with creating a global community that provides the same benefits throughout life.
We are looking for a marketing intern to assist the IVY communications team. This will be a great opportunity to get valuable experience in various marketing/communication fields -- social media, public relations, partnerships, content marketing, and brand strategy. We are looking for a community-minded creative self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Interns should be able to commit 20 hours per week, although there is room for more flexible hours/duration and off-site opportunities. Interns would have the opportunity to attend all IVY events, network with some of the top professionals in NY, and be strongly considered for full time positions after graduation.
- Conduct outreach for marketing partnerships (social media, content marketing, bloggers, and influencers)
- Research new media contacts, influencers, and organizations for IVY events
- Help the Social Media Manager research new content ideas for all platforms
- Assist the IVY public relations team at events
- Pull data and analytics from our social media platforms
- Assist with amplification for key IVY events (creating shot lists, inviting special guests and influencers, following up with VIP attendees)
- Effective organizational skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and phone skills
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Social Media/PR internship experience a plus
- Proficiency with MS Word, Google Drive, and Excel
- Motivated and hard working, interested in start-up culture
- Love of learning and pride in resourcefulness - if you don't know how to do something, you figure it out or you know who to ask
Meet Some of IVY's Employees
Ben coordinates communication between IVY's communities and company departments in order to oversee event planning and advertising or marketing strategy. He also connects members to exciting intellectual opportunities.
Back to top