Lead iOS Developer
IVY unites rising leaders and introduces them to the most inspiring people, ideas, and experiences in the world. Over the last three years, we’ve built a dynamic team of 70 rock-stars, and established IVY as the leading community of entrepreneurs, artists, and innovators in the USA. IVY currently has 20,000 members and 100,000 registrants, with seven chapters across New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, and Miami (with plans to expand across 50 global cities). We host more than 1,000 experiences per year to bring our curriculum to life, including dinner and seminars with leading thinkers, art immersions, film screenings, global trips, and social impact activities. Led by two Harvard Business School graduates, we are backed by a renowned group of investors, including early investors in Facebook, Spotify, and Uber, as well as serial entrepreneurs with numerous successful exits.
We believe everyone has limitless potential, and our vision is for IVY to be the catalyst for achieving unprecedented human unity, progress, and fulfillment. Our curriculum enables rising leaders to elevate the world through experiential learning and collaborations focused on entrepreneurship, arts, social impact, policy, wellness, science, and philosophy. In the coming years, we will transform every global city into an immersive lifelong campus that provides everyone with the ideas, experiences, and connections they need to make a lasting positive impact on the world. The inspiration for IVY was strongly influenced by our Founders’ experiences at institutions like Harvard Business School, and the ways in which collegiate communities are able to accelerate ones’ social, professional, and intellectual development. We are obsessed with creating a global community that provides the same benefits throughout life.
We are looking for an experienced mobile iOS developer to work on a brand new native app for ivy.com. The ideal candidate needs to be able to hit the ground running in our fast-paced environment, and be comfortable to iterate quickly and push new code every day.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software and processes
- Integration with a number of third-party services
- Write high quality, high-performing and well-tested code
- Turn design requirements and prototypes into a working app
- Work closely with the technology and design teams
- BS degree in Computer Science
- 3+ years of professional work experience building applications
- Proficiency with Objective-C and Swift
- Deep knowledge of the iOS SDK, OO, data modeling, design patterns, TDD/BDD, RESTful APIs, clean code and UX
- Analysis, profiling and optimization techniques
- Agile methodology
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and documentation
- Highly motivated, adaptable and passionate learner with a strong work ethic ethic
- 5+ years of professional work experience
- Android developer
- Worked on medium-to-large enterprise apps
- Open-source contributions, side projects, and participation in the tech community
Why You’ll Want to Work with IVY:
- Opportunity to attend awesome events and network with some of the most influential professionals, artists, and thought leaders in the country
- Summer Fridays
- Paid time off, plus holidays and monthly work remote days
- Weekly team lunches and happy hours
- Work with a ridiculously supportive team in a beautiful office in the Flatiron area
- Dog friendly workplace
- Competitive salary
We are dedicated to getting people to dream bigger and do more together, and we believe that starts right here with our own team. We are committed to hiring individuals with a diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, and beliefs who can use their passion to help us build a world-changing community — and thrive along the way. Join IVY for the chance to collaborate with an engaged team working provide learning and growth opportunities for all.
IVY is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of IVY's Employees
Ben coordinates communication between IVY's communities and company departments in order to oversee event planning and advertising or marketing strategy. He also connects members to exciting intellectual opportunities.
Back to top