Getaway Intern (Fall 2017)
IVY unites rising leaders and introduces them to the most inspiring people, ideas, and experiences in the world. Over the last three years, we’ve built a dynamic team of 70 rock-stars, and established IVY as the leading community of entrepreneurs, artists, and innovators in the USA. IVY currently has 20,000 members and 100,000 registrants, with seven chapters across New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, and Miami (with plans to expand across 50 global cities). We host more than 1,000 experiences per year to bring our curriculum to life, including dinner and seminars with leading thinkers, art immersions, film screenings, global trips, and social impact activities. Led by two Harvard Business School graduates, we are backed by a renowned group of investors, including early investors in Facebook, Spotify, and Uber, as well as serial entrepreneurs with numerous successful exits.
We believe everyone has limitless potential, and our vision is for IVY to be the catalyst for achieving unprecedented human unity, progress, and fulfillment. Our curriculum enables rising leaders to elevate the world through experiential learning and collaborations focused on entrepreneurship, arts, social impact, policy, wellness, science, and philosophy. In the coming years, we will transform every global city into an immersive lifelong campus that provides everyone with the ideas, experiences, and connections they need to make a lasting positive impact on the world. The inspiration for IVY was strongly influenced by our Founders’ experiences at institutions like Harvard Business School, and the ways in which collegiate communities are able to accelerate ones’ social, professional, and intellectual development. We are obsessed with creating a global community that provides the same benefits throughout life.
Our network is growing rapidly and we are looking for a highly entrepreneurial and motivated Getaway Intern who can help us execute our diverse global calendar of national and international travel experiences, ranging from curated group destination travel, large scale annual programs to strategic partnership alignments.
Interns should be able to commit 20 hours per week. Interns would have the opportunity to attend all IVY events, network with some of the top professionals, and be strongly considered for full-time positions after graduation.
- Organize and manage logistics for all IVY Getaways including RSVP tracking, and travel forms
- Manage travel email accounts and respond promptly to all member questions and concerns
- Manage travel changes, cancellations, and refunds effectively
- Manage, coordinate, and innovate all IVY Getaway gift bags
- Work with the Getaways Manager to provide the best IVY Getaway experience possible and to elevate member participation
The ideal candidate should also have demonstrated and well-developed skills in the following areas:
- A passion for travel and event planning and a strong desire to grow within the industry
- Previous events experience is a plus
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Time management
- Highly detail-oriented
- Excellent judgment
- High level of confidentiality
- Effective verbal/written communication
- Current student or graduate of a 4-year undergraduate program
- Terrific work ethic accompanied by an ever-positive, get-it-done attitude
- Exceptional people skills
- Understanding of fast-paced and ever-changing startup environment
- Strong collaborator
- Highly organized
- Superb written and strong oral communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Must be located in Boston
Perks: This internship is unpaid. However, here are a few perks that come with the internship.
- Opportunity to attend awesome events and network with some of the most influential professionals, artists, and thought leaders in the country
- Summer Fridays
- Weekly team lunches
We are dedicated to getting people to dream bigger and do more together, and we believe that starts right here with our own team. We are committed to hiring individuals with a diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, and beliefs who can use their passion to help us build a world-changing community — and thrive along the way. Join IVY for the chance to collaborate with an engaged team working provide learning and growth opportunities for all.
IVY is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of IVY's Employees
Ben coordinates communication between IVY's communities and company departments in order to oversee event planning and advertising or marketing strategy. He also connects members to exciting intellectual opportunities.
Back to top