Full Charge Bookkeeper/Accountant
IVY unites rising leaders and introduces them to the most inspiring people, ideas, and experiences in the world. Over the last three years, we’ve built a dynamic team of 70 rock-stars, and established IVY as the leading community of entrepreneurs, artists, and innovators in the USA. IVY currently has 20,000 members and 100,000 registrants, with seven chapters across New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, and Miami (with plans to expand across 50 global cities). We host more than 1,000 experiences per year to bring our curriculum to life, including dinner and seminars with leading thinkers, art immersions, film screenings, global trips, and social impact activities. Led by two Harvard Business School graduates, we are backed by a renowned group of investors, including early investors in Facebook, Spotify, and Uber, as well as serial entrepreneurs with numerous successful exits.
We believe everyone has limitless potential, and our vision is for IVY to be the catalyst for achieving unprecedented human unity, progress, and fulfillment. Our curriculum enables rising leaders to elevate the world through experiential learning and collaborations focused on entrepreneurship, arts, social impact, policy, wellness, science, and philosophy. In the coming years, we will transform every global city into an immersive lifelong campus that provides everyone with the ideas, experiences, and connections they need to make a lasting positive impact on the world. The inspiration for IVY was strongly influenced by our Founders’ experiences at institutions like Harvard Business School, and the ways in which collegiate communities are able to accelerate ones’ social, professional, and intellectual development. We are obsessed with creating a global community that provides the same benefits throughout life.
We are looking for an exceptionally bright Full Charge Bookkeeper/Accountant to manage financial accounting, bookkeeping, and reporting from our NY HQ. The Full Charge Bookkeeper/Accountant will be responsible for all accounting functions of the Company, including all monthly & quarterly reporting, bookkeeping, expense categorization, accounting procedures, and controls. If you are an experienced accounting professional with a background leading key financial operations in an innovative fast growing environment, we’d love to hear from you.
- Take full ownership of end to end bookkeeping process, involving corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, and the development of internal control policies and procedures.
- Ensure accuracy of all internal and external financial reporting.
- Prepare monthly financial statements that comply with GAAP; perform KPI and other analysis.
- Provide financial insight and strategic recommendations.
- Create and maintain financial and administrative policies, procedures, and systems to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Oversee creation of monthly reporting packages for the Company’s Board of Directors and other key stakeholders
- Oversee the accounting, month-end closing, accounts payable, payroll, bank reconciliations and billing processes.
- Support adaptation and evolution of processes and systems for rapid growth business and expansion into new markets
- Prepare and analyze KPI's to assist regional City Leads with operational reviews
- Provide oversight for an accounting system integration and data migration project
- Assistance preparing annual budgets, variance reports, cash forecasts, and ad hoc financial plans
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, and/or CPA certification, with 4+ years of transactional accounting experience for an event production company
- Strong experience working with Quickbooks and Microsoft Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills: outgoing, positive, energetic person with a can-do attitude
- Ability to deal with constantly shifting priorities
- Ability to keep confidential highly sensitive company plans and data
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong personal initiative
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work effectively with employees and senior managers of the company
- Extremely tech savvy-capable of mastering new hardware and software quickly and easily
- Consistently and accurately follow established policies and procedures
- Work independently to complete assignments while knowing when to escalate issues and ask questions
- Willingness to tackle unfamiliar tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Located in NYC
Why You’ll Want to Work with IVY:
- Opportunity to attend awesome events and network with some of the most influential professionals, artists, and thought leaders in the country
- Summer Fridays
- Paid time off, plus holidays and monthly work remote days
- Weekly team lunches and happy hours
- Work with a ridiculously supportive team in a beautiful office in the Flatiron area
- Dog friendly workplace
- Competitive salary
We are dedicated to getting people to dream bigger and do more together, and we believe that starts right here with our own team. We are committed to hiring individuals with a diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, and beliefs who can use their passion to help us build a world-changing community — and thrive along the way. Join IVY for the chance to collaborate with an engaged team working provide learning and growth opportunities for all.
IVY is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of IVY's Employees
Community Growth Director
Caroline focuses on finding amazing people to join the IVY community, ensuring they enjoy the entire experience by taking full advantage of everything the company has to offer.
Back to top