IVY unites rising leaders and introduces them to the most inspiring people, ideas, and experiences in the world. Over the last three years, we’ve built a dynamic team of 70 rock-stars, and established IVY as the leading community of entrepreneurs, artists, and innovators in the USA. IVY currently has 20,000 members and 100,000 registrants, with seven chapters across New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, and Miami (with plans to expand across 50 global cities). We host more than 1,000 experiences per year to bring our curriculum to life, including dinner and seminars with leading thinkers, art immersions, film screenings, global trips, and social impact activities. Led by two Harvard Business School graduates, we are backed by a renowned group of investors, including early investors in Facebook, Spotify, and Uber, as well as serial entrepreneurs with numerous successful exits.
We believe everyone has limitless potential, and our vision is for IVY to be the catalyst for achieving unprecedented human unity, progress, and fulfillment. Our curriculum enables rising leaders to elevate the world through experiential learning and collaborations focused on entrepreneurship, arts, social impact, policy, wellness, science, and philosophy. In the coming years, we will transform every global city into an immersive lifelong campus that provides everyone with the ideas, experiences, and connections they need to make a lasting positive impact on the world. The inspiration for IVY was strongly influenced by our Founders’ experiences at institutions like Harvard Business School, and the ways in which collegiate communities are able to accelerate ones’ social, professional, and intellectual development. We are obsessed with creating a global community that provides the same benefits throughout life.
Our network is growing rapidly and we are looking for a highly entrepreneurial and motivated Events Manager who can help cultivate and maintain new venue partnerships, solidify existing brand relationships, and execute our diverse range of premier social events, which includes but is not limited to large cocktail parties, art gallery receptions, group dinners, day trips, film screenings and speaker series. This position is based in New York City.
The ideal candidate is organized, enthusiastic, and able to see opportunities in obstacles. The candidate has also produced events in the past (informal and formal), navigated negotiations, worked closely with event budgets, and is motivated by building a community of the most inspiring people and thrives in a fast growing startup environment.
Event Venue Partnerships
- Spearhead dynamic long-term venue partnerships in locations appropriate for Cocktail parties, Lectures, Expert Talks, Art Gallery Receptions, Film Screenings, private dinners, etc.
- Build on existing hospitality partners to create a robust rolodex of relationships that IVY can count on for year-round programming
- Work with partners to determine internal and external needs. Create partnership goals and objectives for NYC event programming calendar
- Manage relationships and ensure IVY is fulfilling all entitlement obligations- social media, inclusion in communications, logo placement, etc. and extending those relationships to other IVY markets when applicable
Event Planning & Execution
- Assist with and lead event concept building and theme development
- Assist with and lead event preparation, from inception to day-of execution to post event wrap-up for
- Heavy focus on executing sponsored programming and Signature high-level events with support from the NY Events Team
- Work with existing IVY Events team and internal departments to ensure clear communication through all channels
Team Management & Operations
- Manage a growing team of Events Coordinators
- Lead by example in going above and beyond in tasks, organizational skills, interdepartmental communication, problem-solving, and strategic out of the box thinking while adhering to IVY’s mission and standards
- Lead NY HQ Event Operations including Coordinating use of HQ office space for after hours events
- 4-6 + years of professional experience in marketing, event planning, and execution, with a demonstrated capacity to manage relationships with high-level clients
- Experience with startups and/or high growth-driven businesses
- Experience in business-to-business partnerships and contract negotiation
- Prior experience working in a fast paced environment managing multiple demands and priorities with solution-oriented results
- Ability to independently identify and act on priorities and leverage opportunities
- Relationship building and organizational skills in a cross-functional environment
- Outstanding interpersonal and team building skills
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Motivated and hard-working
- Love of learning and pride in resourcefulness - If you don't know how to do something, you figure it out or you know who to ask
- A bachelor’s degree is required
Why You’ll Want to Work with IVY:
- Opportunity to attend awesome events and network with some of the most influential professionals, artists, and thought leaders in the country
- Summer Fridays
- Paid time off, plus holidays and monthly work remote days
- Weekly team lunches and happy hours
- Work with a ridiculously supportive team in a beautiful office in the Flatiron area
- Dog-Friendly office space!
We are dedicated to getting people to dream bigger and do more together, and we believe that starts right here with our own team. We are committed to hiring individuals with a diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, and beliefs who can use their passion to help us build a world-changing community — and thrive along the way. Join IVY for the chance to collaborate with an engaged team working provide learning and growth opportunities for all.
IVY is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of IVY's Employees
Community Growth Director
Caroline focuses on finding amazing people to join the IVY community, ensuring they enjoy the entire experience by taking full advantage of everything the company has to offer.
Back to top