We believe everyone has limitless potential, and our vision is for IVY to be the catalyst for achieving unprecedented human unity, progress, and fulfillment. Our curriculum enables rising leaders to elevate the world through experiential learning and collaborations focused on entrepreneurship, arts, social impact, policy, wellness, science, and philosophy. In the coming years, we will transform every global city into an immersive lifelong campus that provides everyone with the ideas, experiences, and connections they need to make a lasting positive impact on the world. The inspiration for IVY was strongly influenced by our Founders’ experiences at institutions like Harvard Business School, and the ways in which collegiate communities are able to accelerate ones’ social, professional, and intellectual development. We are obsessed with creating a global community that provides the same benefits throughout life.
Our network is growing rapidly and we are looking for a highly entrepreneurial and motivated events coordinator who can help us execute our diverse range of premier social events, including large cocktail parties, art gallery receptions, group dinners, film screenings and speaker series.
The ideal candidate is organized, enthusiastic, and able to see opportunities in obstacles. The candidate has also organized events in the past (informal and formal), is motivated by building a community of the most inspiring people and thrives in a fast growing startup environment.
Event Planning & Execution
- Research appropriate venues for Cocktail Parties, Lectures, Talks, Art Gallery Receptions, Film Screenings, Supper Clubs, etc.
- Negotiate with venue's and vendors for year-round programming
- Assist with event concept building and theme development
- Order, distribute, and manage all event materials and execution items
- Source, secure, and manage necessary staffing including Hostesses, Security, Photographer, DJ, Vendors, etc.
- Assist with menu and drink customization for events
- Assist with all other event preparation, from inception to day-of execution to post event wrap-up
- 1 - 3+ years of professional experience in event planning, organization, and execution
- Demonstrated experience with startups and/or consumer-facing web products preferred
- Effective organizational skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and team building skills
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Motivated and hard-working
- Love of learning and pride in resourcefulness - If you don't know how to do something, you figure it out or you know who to ask
- A bachelor’s degree is required
Why You’ll Want to Work with IVY:
- Opportunity to attend awesome events and network with some of the most influential professionals, artists, and thought leaders in the country
- Summer Fridays
- Paid time off, plus holidays and monthly work remote days
- Weekly team lunches and happy hours
- Work with a ridiculously supportive team in a beautiful office D.C. Metro Center
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
We are dedicated to getting people to dream bigger and do more together, and we believe that starts right here with our own team. We are committed to hiring individuals with a diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, and beliefs who can use their passion to help us build a world-changing community — and thrive along the way. Join IVY for the chance to collaborate with an engaged team working provide learning and growth opportunities for all.
IVY is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of IVY's Employees
Ben helps to grow IVY's community by interviewing potential members and sharing the company's mission. He also serves as the liaison between IVY's members and internal departments, relaying feedback to ensure the best experience.
Back to top