Data Analytics Manager
IVY unites rising leaders and introduces them to the most inspiring people, ideas, and experiences in the world. Over the last three years, we’ve built a dynamic team of 70 rock-stars, and established IVY as the leading community of entrepreneurs, artists, and innovators in the USA. IVY currently has 20,000 members and 100,000 registrants, with seven chapters across New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, and Miami (with plans to expand across 50 global cities). We host more than 1,000 experiences per year to bring our curriculum to life, including dinner and seminars with leading thinkers, art immersions, film screenings, global trips, and social impact activities. Led by two Harvard Business School graduates, we are backed by a renowned group of investors, including early investors in Facebook, Spotify, and Uber, as well as serial entrepreneurs with numerous successful exits.
We believe everyone has limitless potential, and our vision is for IVY to be the catalyst for achieving unprecedented human unity, progress, and fulfillment. Our curriculum enables rising leaders to elevate the world through experiential learning and collaborations focused on entrepreneurship, arts, social impact, policy, wellness, science, and philosophy. In the coming years, we will transform every global city into an immersive lifelong campus that provides everyone with the ideas, experiences, and connections they need to make a lasting positive impact on the world. The inspiration for IVY was strongly influenced by our Founders’ experiences at institutions like Harvard Business School and the ways in which collegiate communities are able to accelerate ones’ social, professional, and intellectual development. We are obsessed with creating a global community that provides the same benefits throughout life.
As a key member of the Operations Team, the Data Analytics Manager will be responsible for providing data-driven actionable insights to various business stakeholders through operational reporting dashboards designed by synthesizing business knowledge of our product and leveraging data. This is a high impact role that warrants analytical and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Collect, summarize, analyze data and to provide reports for departments to utilize in decision making and measuring results
- Plan, develop, and apply leading-edge analytic and quantitative tools and modeling techniques to help IVY team’s gain insights and improve decision-making
- Review internal and external analytical techniques, identify what data is available and relevant, source the necessary data
- Validate hypothesis using scenario modeling
- Design and develop a data warehouse according to functional specifications
- Utilize patterns and variations in volume, speed and other characteristics of data supporting the initiative, the type of data (eg. text, clickstream, location etc) in predictive analytics
- Write research reports describing the experiment conducted, results, and findings
- Make strategic recommendations to technology, product, and senior management
- Create queries to provide ad hoc reports, analysis, and datasets based on business needs.
- Bachelor's Degree with strong background in Data Science, Engineering, and Analytics
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in similar or related function with a proven track record of leveraging analytics and large amounts of data to drive significant business impact
- Experience architecting, designing, and implementing database and data warehouse solutions on MS SQL Server, Oracle and DB2 required. Database tuning experience a plus.
- Strong coding ability, including excellent knowledge and experience using C#, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Programming language with the ability to create queries, scripts, and reports.Knowledge of other languages as Python, .NET, VBA,, Java, Android, PostGreSQL, and/or PostGIS is considered as an asset.
- Solid understanding of the principles of data management and business process workflow.
- Knowledge of building dashboards, scorecards, and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Ability to generate relevant insights using data analytics and visualization solutions
- Modeling/mining large data sets using Hadoop MapReduce, Apache Spark, etc
- Creation/deployment of models & algorithm to analyze unstructured data
Why You’ll Want to Work with IVY:
- Opportunity to attend awesome events and network with some of the most influential professionals, artists, and thought leaders in the country
- Summer Fridays
- Paid time off, plus holidays and monthly work remote days
- Weekly team lunches and happy hours
- Work with a ridiculously supportive team in a beautiful office by Flatiron
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Competitive salary
We are dedicated to getting people to dream bigger and do more together, and we believe that starts right here with our own team. We are committed to hiring individuals with a diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, and beliefs who can use their passion to help us build a world-changing community — and thrive along the way. Join IVY for the chance to collaborate with an engaged team working to provide learning and growth opportunities for all.
IVY is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of IVY's Employees
Ben coordinates communication between IVY's communities and company departments in order to oversee event planning and advertising or marketing strategy. He also connects members to exciting intellectual opportunities.
Back to top