Our Copywriter will play a key role in supporting the Content and Communications Teams by turning IVY’s many initiatives and programs into compelling copy and stories. The position is responsible for creating copy for all event marketing and special initiatives for the company. This person will also contribute to ad campaigns and other kinds of creative brand messaging, including social media. It’s a position with high responsibility and growth potential at an exciting, rapidly expanding start-up.
The ideal candidate excels at crafting attention-grabbing messaging, but in a way that is sophisticated, intelligent, and in-line with the IVY brand. We are looking for a community-minded creative self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Additional responsibilities as needed could include video copy, special event signage, social media ads, email, in-house communications, and special projects.
- Work to further IVY’s brand voice across all channels—including email, social media, marketing campaigns, and more.
- Generating compelling copy for IVY’s 500+ national events each year
- Serving as a project manager for getting all necessary approvals on copy and ensuring that all communications have been extensively checked for factual and typographical errors
- Provide copy, when needed, for IVY’s social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Write copy for PR campaigns as needed
- Collaborate on special brand projects as needed
- Spearheading copy creating for IVY’s weekly and bi-weekly newsletters, which enhance brand identity across all markets
- 1-2+ years experience in copywriting and/or significant college work at a top university
- Demonstrated creativity (please provide links to writing samples in your cover letter)
- High attention to detail and an expert command of the English Language
- Exceptional people skills and high level of empathy
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Is an early-adopter who can pick up new tools and concepts quickly
- Creative and driven, but also able to adapt to in-house styles and guidelines with voice
- A bachelor's degree is required
- Located in/near NYC
Meet Some of IVY's Employees
Ben helps to grow IVY's community by interviewing potential members and sharing the company's mission. He also serves as the liaison between IVY's members and internal departments, relaying feedback to ensure the best experience.
Back to top