IVY unites rising leaders and introduces them to the most inspiring people, ideas, and experiences in the world. Over the last three years, we’ve built a dynamic team of 70 rock-stars, and established IVY as the leading community of entrepreneurs, artists, and innovators in the USA. IVY currently has 20,000 members and 100,000 registrants, with seven chapters across New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, and Miami (with plans to expand across 50 global cities). We host more than 1,000 experiences per year to bring our curriculum to life, including dinner and seminars with leading thinkers, art immersions, film screenings, global trips, and social impact activities. Led by two Harvard Business School graduates, we are backed by a renowned group of investors, including early investors in Facebook, Spotify, and Uber, as well as serial entrepreneurs with numerous successful exits.
We believe everyone has limitless potential, and our vision is for IVY to be the catalyst for achieving unprecedented human unity, progress, and fulfillment. Our curriculum enables rising leaders to elevate the world through experiential learning and collaborations focused on entrepreneurship, arts, social impact, policy, wellness, science, and philosophy. In the coming years, we will transform every global city into an immersive lifelong campus that provides everyone with the ideas, experiences, and connections they need to make a lasting positive impact on the world. The inspiration for IVY was strongly influenced by our Founders’ experiences at institutions like Harvard Business School, and the ways in which collegiate communities are able to accelerate ones’ social, professional, and intellectual development. We are obsessed with creating a global community that provides the same benefits throughout life.
We are looking for an exceptionally bright Controller to manage financial accounting, bookkeeping, and reporting from our NY HQ. The Controller will be responsible for all accounting functions of the Company, including all monthly & quarterly reporting, bookkeeping, expense categorization, accounting procedures, and controls. If you are an experienced accounting professional with a background leading key financial operations in an innovative fast growing environment, we’d love to hear from you.ce and HR responsibilities.
This position reports to the Co-CEOs and manages the accounting team, but works directly with the senior leadership of the Company, including Senior Management, Events, Operations, Finance, Business Development, and Community.
- Manage all financial activities involving corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, and the development of internal control policies and procedures.
- Ensure accuracy of all internal and external financial reporting.
- Prepare monthly financial statements that comply with GAAP; perform KPI and other analysis.
- Provide financial insight and strategic recommendations.
- Create and maintain financial and administrative policies, procedures, and systems to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Oversee creation of monthly reporting packages for the Company’s Board of Directors and other key stakeholders
- Oversee the accounting, month-end closing, accounts payable, payroll, bank reconciliations and billing processes.
- Support adaptation and evolution of processes and systems for rapid growth business and expansion into new markets
- Assist Co-CEOs and Finance Manager with forecasting and cash flow planning.
- Prepare and analyze KPI's to assist regional City Leads with operational reviews
- Provide oversight for an accounting system integration and data migration project
- Prepare ad hoc reports as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related business degree
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, preferably as a Controller in a hands-on capacity
- Experience implementing financial controls and processes
- Outstanding critical thinking and analytical skills, defaulting towards data-based decisions
- High level of demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel, and financial modeling.
- Start-up experience is a plus, proven ability to manage multiple priorities
- Accounting experience with a decentralized finance system, in particular, a fast growing Events Production Company is a big plus
- Ability to work quickly with strong attention to detail; exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Located in NYC
Meet Some of IVY's Employees
Ben coordinates communication between IVY's communities and company departments in order to oversee event planning and advertising or marketing strategy. He also connects members to exciting intellectual opportunities.
Back to top