Community Sales Associate Intern
IVY unites rising leaders and introduces them to the most inspiring people, ideas, and experiences in the world. Over the last three years, we’ve built a dynamic team of 70 rock-stars, and established IVY as the leading community of entrepreneurs, artists, and innovators in the USA. IVY currently has 20,000 members and 100,000 registrants, with seven chapters across New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, and Miami (with plans to expand across 50 global cities). We host more than 1,000 experiences per year to bring our curriculum to life, including dinner and seminars with leading thinkers, art immersions, film screenings, global trips, and social impact activities. Led by two Harvard Business School graduates, we are backed by a renowned group of investors, including early investors in Facebook, Spotify, and Uber, as well as serial entrepreneurs with numerous successful exits.
We believe everyone has limitless potential, and our vision is for IVY to be the catalyst for achieving unprecedented human unity, progress, and fulfillment. Our curriculum enables rising leaders to elevate the world through experiential learning and collaborations focused on entrepreneurship, arts, social impact, policy, wellness, science, and philosophy. In the coming years, we will transform every global city into an immersive lifelong campus that provides everyone with the ideas, experiences, and connections they need to make a lasting positive impact on the world. The inspiration for IVY was strongly influenced by our Founders’ experiences at institutions like Harvard Business School, and the ways in which collegiate communities are able to accelerate ones’ social, professional, and intellectual development. We are obsessed with creating a global community that provides the same benefits throughout life.
We are looking for a highly motivated, personable and organized college student who is passionate about establishing and maintaining strong communities. The ideal candidate is organized, enthusiastic, and able to see opportunities in obstacles.
Interns should be able to commit 20 hours per week, although there is room for flexible hours/duration and off-site opportunities. Interns would have the opportunity to attend IVY events (https://www.ivy.com/events), network with some of the top professionals, and be strongly considered for full-time positions after graduation.
- Scout high potential new members, both in person and online
- Assist Community Managers in the application and interview process
- Conduct membership interviews by phone
- Solicit feedback
- Learn about personal and professional aspirations
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions
- Facilitate introductions between members, both proactively and by request
Member Experience & Events
- Help Senior Community Manager coordinate pre- and post-event communications, including invitations, confirmations, and thank you notes
- Manage and track event guest lists, providing analytics to relevant teams
- Take on ad-hoc projects on an as-needed basis
- Extremely strong writing and communication skills
- Exceptional people skills and high level of empathy
- Well-rounded and able to talk about a wide range of topics with ease
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Interest in startups and/or consumer-facing web products preferred
This internship is unpaid and all candidates must be 21+ by January, 2017. Perks include free entrance to all IVY events. You will use your personal computer for this internship.
Why You’ll Want to Work with IVY:
- Opportunity to attend awesome events and network with some of the most influential professionals, artists, and thought leaders in the country
- Summer Fridays
- Paid time off, plus holidays and monthly work remote days
- Weekly team lunches and happy hours
- Work with a ridiculously supportive team in a beautiful office in the West Hollywood area
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Dog-friendly workplace
We are dedicated to getting people to dream bigger and do more together, and we believe that starts right here with our own team. We are committed to hiring individuals with a diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, and beliefs who can use their passion to help us build a world-changing community — and thrive along the way. Join IVY for the chance to collaborate with an engaged team working provide learning and growth opportunities for all.
IVY is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of IVY's Employees
Community Growth Director
Caroline focuses on finding amazing people to join the IVY community, ensuring they enjoy the entire experience by taking full advantage of everything the company has to offer.
Back to top